Kinetic object controlled by an integrated computer system. INFO

I'm trying to implement a control system similar to what you see in this video

motors can be controlled by a PC through the Arduino?
does anyone know how to do and knows a software through which control motors?

It looks like eight pivot points, each pivot point having four concentric shafts, each shaft having an arm on the front and a stepper motor or servo at the back to position it. If you make it small enough for the arms to be moved by ordinary RC servos you can control those directly from the Arduino. For anything else you would need to add a driver circuit.

You would need to write a sketch to control the position of each servo. Conceptually, moving 32 servos around to arbitrary positions is simple. Given the precise movements and patterns involved here I think this would be quite difficult to do well, but how well you do it is up to how creative you are and how much effort you put in. If you were intending to play music as well that would be a separate problem

How can I make a pivot point having four concentric shafts?
Are there engines with four concentric shafts?
Can I connect the Arduino to a computer?
You also know a software that manages the engines or should I write it with C or Basic or Pascal?
Thanks a lot

ezio1975:
How can I make a pivot point having four concentric shafts?
Are there engines with four concentric shafts?
Can I connect the Arduino to a computer?
You also know a software that manages the engines or should I write it with C or Basic or Pascal?
Thanks a lot

Do you have the slightest idea about any aspect of this project?

I do not know the arduino, are not very practical. I try to make it about it here, and if I can figure I will

Sounds like you have this whole process backwards. Can an Arduino do this? Possibly, with some code, some hardware and such it might...

Problem is, you haven't defined any of the parameters or mechanics so no-one can say yes or no. Could it be a piece of the project? Yeah, but you have to define the project better.

This kind of thing might be better done with motors and cams...

It's related to this:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,91084.0.html

But your easing motions appear to be trivial compared to the mechanical effort you will need to implement it.
Your motions stop and start at a constant velocity?

My sketch includes a scripting language you can use to move 6 servos at once.