mkrfox1200 USB connection Not Detected

Hi,

when i connect the mkrfox1200 it is not detected by the pc :confused: :confused: . But afterwards I connect the arduino Uno and it works.

how can i solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance,

Marc

There is a good chance that you are using a CHARGE only cable.
USB micro cables come in two types "charge only" and "charge+data sync".

Try another cable to start with.

If its a PC and not a MAC then something should show in device manager (even if its not fully set up)
Once you reach that point it may require drivers (not always)

In the IDE you should also install the cores via BOARD MANAGER. and restart the PC.

Hi ballscrewbob,

thanks for your answer.

I forgot to wrote an important info. i have had this board for some time, and before worked.

Now i deinstalled and installed again the core and after a reboot i tried with 3 diferent cabels, but none worked.

what else can i try?

Many thanks,

Marc

Did you disconnect anything else that may be connected to the board ?

Is there anything in device manager at all ?

If your OS cannot see it then there is a good chance its a terminal illness of the board.
Maybe try another computer too.

Also avoid USB 3.0 ports as they are known to cause some issues with Arduinos.
USB 2.0 ports are preferable.

If you can get a computer to see it at all and have an IDE installed on that computer then quickly pressing reset will put it in "bootloader" mode to allow you to upload a sketch such as blink or bare minimum and that will often fix an errant board.

double-click the reset button on the mkrfox1200 (green LED will go on)

pietervannuffel:
double-click the reset button on the mkrfox1200 (green LED will go on)

Oh my god, this post solved it for me! My Macbook Pro stopped recognising my Arduino MKRFOX 1200 2 days ago, after I had a sketch fail to upload. It had previously been working and sending messages. I just double clicked the reset switch on the board, like you said, and the orange(yellow) light came on and the board became visible to my macbook and in the Arduino IDE. Thanks

What I actually did was press the button loads really fast and this worked, it may have worked after just the first two reset clicks, i don't know.

Double clicking is somethign one would always have to keep in mind on all these MKR*** boards. When they enter deepsleep their programming (virtual) port will be down until you double click reset.