Arduino group Toronto

Hello,
I have been inspired by the Waterloo group to start my own Arduino initiative somewhere closer to downtown Toronto. I did a bit of research and the Toronto Public Libraries have rooms available to rent for 15 bucks/hour. The North York Central Library is on a subway line and is pretty close to the 401 for non locals. I am open to any other possible options. Post here if you are interested.

Thanks,
Nigel

Count me in. I wont be free until May, but i'm sure it'll take a while to organize anyways.

I'd be willing to make a trip down to Toronto for one if it is well organized. I'm sure CSingleton would be interested as well.

I am definately interested . . .

I am interested too, I live at Yonge and Bloor, so I'm not that far away. I'll bring my robots to show.

Hey Everyone,
I'm interested, but I'm on the physical computing side of things... Does that count? I'm kind of a newbie at Arduino and I use it to interface with Flash.

I'm a developer that wants to make interesting projects. I also want to learn more about Arduino and electronics... I'd love to learn more from the group if it gets started.

Well we seem to have a decent sized group interested! Now all we need is for a local Torontonian to find a meeting place.

I would certainly be interested also. Especially helping people with hardware and similar issues. My location is Greenwood and Dundas, but anywhere on the subway is fine.

JD

So, are we going to meet or what? I am moving next weekend to Bathurst & Steels so I will not have time until the second weekend in May. Btw, the second saturday of each month there is a robot buildfest at Bugs'n'bots in Brampton. You are wellcome to join us!

nigel_mck, FusiveResonance, Ro-Bot-X, codegirl and torontogeek . . . you guys are loosing steam.

One of you needs to step up set a date and find a meeting location.

Darudude and I (the Arduino Interest Group) are interested in tagging along and sharing but someone at the other end needs to get things actually rolling.

Ok, if no one sets up a better place and time for a meeting, I propose to meet at the Bug'n'Bots robot buildfest in Brampton, at the following ADDRESS: 2080 Steeles Ave. E Unit 9, Brampton, Ontario, Canada, every second saturday of the month, from 10AM until 4PM. Steve will be happy to have us! He has a shop there fitted with a CNC, mill, lathe... also he has a robotic store (not too many parts, but still...). He is the guy who organises the Canadian National Robotic Games every fall at the Ontario Science Center. You can bring your project to work on, show off, talk about and so on. There are a few (about 5) regular guys working mostly on AVR micros and from time to time a newcommer stops by.

So, what do you think?

By the way, I went to Creaton store in Toronto, on College St. (at Spadina) and I saw all the Arduino boards and shields available. From Nano to Mega, the guy has them all! And he is building a Bluetooth Shield that will be able to download code wirelessly.

This Saturday, June 13th, there is the monthly robotic buildfest at Steve's store in Brampton, from 9 A.M. There will be a garage sale with products from his robotic store, Bug'n'Bots. Anyone interested is wellcome to attend.

By the way, I went to Creaton store in Toronto, on College St. (at Spadina) and I saw all the Arduino boards and shields available. From Nano to Mega, the guy has them all! And he is building a Bluetooth Shield that will be able to download code wirelessly.

Your ref' to the store really caught my eye but googling Creaton Toronto didn't get me far - is that really the name?

Ok "Creatron" with an r - great find, thanks a million for pointing it out.

SPAM

Is there a Toronto Arduino Group meeting this weekend?

The next meeting of the Bug'n'Bots group is the BBQ on the second saturday of August. So the next robot build fest is on the second saturday of September. Sadly, no other Arduino members make it to the last build fest.

Sorry guys for my absence, just finished moving to Richmond Hill. If anyone is still interested I could ask my school (located Bathurst and 407) if they would let us use a room on saturdays. The school is about an hour ride via transit or 40 minutes by car from downtown. If I can get some people together I'll set a date. Also the school is a lot closer for waterloo people cause its right next to the 407 :slight_smile: hopefully we can get a meeting within the next couple weeks!!!

Hope this thread hasnt gone dead yet...

Nigel

I'm at Bathurst and Steels, so you can count on me being there. Looking forward to a meeting!

Nick,

I am interested and I am sure that one or two other people from the Waterloo area might be interested in car pooling with me.