MENWIZ: yet another character lcd menu wizard library

Ok, thanks for that.

I've tried that and it looks like the EEPROM is being read. However, when I run this on an MCU that hasn't run it before I get all my declared variables set to -1, presumably as the EEPROM is empty at that point.

I'm sure there are things to do with this so I guess I'll go read up on using EEPROM. I guess it couldn't be that easy. LOL.

As far as the documents go, I think it would benefit new users immensely to have actual examples of how each method is used, and where. The documentation talks in programmer terms and kind of assumes the reader has the same level of knowledge as you do. Most users will be hobbyists and will need actual examples.

Things like this EEPROM stuff. The docs just mention method readEeprom() in class MENWIZ. I almost just tried calling readEeprom() to start, but realised it is a method so needs to be menu.readEeprom() but I think some users would struggle even more.

I'll do some reading on EEPROM use and have another try at fixing my code, to work how I want, tomorrow.

If empty EEPROM returns -1 values then maybe the library could handle that in the background and. He k it against the legal value range for each addVar item. If the retrieved value is outside legally declared range then don't update the live variable.

There will always be abl first time this code is run, and also menu items added or removed from a device, so there will be variables for which there is no corresponding value in EEPROM.