Any experience with LB1641??

Hi Everybody,

Does anybody have any experience with LB1641 motor driver? I'm following the datasheet but can't seem to get it working.
Please see the attachment for all the details about my setup. Am I missing something??? The datasheet for this one seems to be very poor in explanations and I'm not so skilled as to interpret the logical circuit and figure out what the heck :slight_smile:

The fact that the v.reg output drops from 12V to 2V means you do have a serious load on
there, or more than the power source can handle. What is the power source for the 317?
Or possibly you don't have the adj pin on the LM317 wired correctly.

Link to datasheet?

oric_dan:
The fact that the v.reg output drops from 12V to 2V means you do have a serious load on

He is floating the inputs and the zener diode set's the motor voltage.

So if your feeding 12 your burning off half of it some where

I would set up the test circuit HTTP 301 This page has been moved

Hi,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I've figured it out. It wasn't the LB1641 IC, it wasn't the LM317, it was my power source. I used one from a printer, and it behaved awkwardly. It had plenty of power but it was the "intelligent" kind. I've replaced it with an industrial power supply and everything works perfectly again.

Thank you!

you are right, I've replaced it for with an industrial power supply and everything works perfectly again.thank you

Link to datasheet?

• MarkT, i purposely omitted the datasheet link because I thought it was kinda poor, or even wrong(for my exact model) and I didn't want to lead you into the same trap. I hoped some of you may have a better one around :slight_smile: