Arduino Podcast?

I mean not 1 person has to do everything also it could be just like donate a video tutorial or anything arduino related.

Well if people would like to do that then feel free and I would be happy to make a new section and link to video tutorials on my website.

Making videos is HARD, and when you're done half the people will complain that they would have rather had straight text (searchable, browseable, scannable, variable-speed, etc...)

Yes I do agree but people can chose not to watch it. If people are willing to make a video to try to help/provide information to people then let them and people can just go away if they don't like it!

Mowcius

Very well stated mowcius! :wink:

Lots of people put very specific Arduino videos on Youtube. Lots to see, but many leave me thinking, "Great Vid but you are just bragging with no sharing, no website, no text blog... etc). Ahem... all very "Look at me", I think.

So you would rather it be something more like a video blog (I did this) or like a tv show (interviews and stuff) or teaching (Help me, Mr Wizard!)? All backed up by a website, with notes, and code and guides and such?

Just keeping this thread creative, btw.

Yep I agree with that as well.

On my site there is already going to be the option for people to host their product in the store (approved people only for obvious reasons) and this will give people somewhere to host the product if they have a great one. (It will be at cost but that will be a sample product, so I can test it and check they are legit, and then a possible small fee per year/quarter to keep a page up on the site for it).

I would be happy to do a podcast thingy with a group of people if there are a group of people who want to make videos and help write articles. These will not be like on hackaday (where they are just news), they would be permenant articles such as reviews of products or example projects with code etc.

Mowcius :wink:

My personal preference is a mix of "wizardry and techniques" mixed in with what's in the Exhibition parts of the forum.

My personal preference is a mix of "wizardry and techniques" mixed in with what's in the Exhibition parts of the forum.

Hmm sounds good. Are you this wizard we are looking for? ;D

Mowcius

I have no expertise on how to make videos perfessionally but I would def. be willing to post articles and possibly make some videos. Yeah i really like the idea of a site with all the stuff compacted into it such as tutorials, how tos, projects, ect. Then we could just make all of the videos into an RSS feed and get it approved for iTunes. I think it would really be a hit. A one stop shop for everything you need for arduino help and inspiration haha

A one stop shop for everything you need for arduino help and inspiration haha

I like it! :smiley:

I would def. be willing to post articles

Well if you want to help then I will PM you my email address and you can start off the site with its first article :slight_smile:

Mowcius

Are you going to host this on like a tab on your website or are we going to make a seperate domain for it? It would definatley be cheaper to just put it on your site but there are ups to both. Just wanted to know what you were thinking!
hahah i dont know how to do the quote thing but I would be glad to write the first article! Thanks! :smiley:

Are you going to host this on like a tab on your website or are we going to make a seperate domain for it? It would definatley be cheaper to just put it on your site but there are ups to both. Just wanted to know what you were thinking!

It would go in the hardware and software page, under (umm not sure what it's go under but we'll get to that).

It would then be on my domain.
If I wanted it on a different domain then that would be possible but I don't see the point personally...

Mowcius

Yeah that sounds good to me. I just want to make sure that it is easily accesable and can be easily seen/interpreted by all!
Thanks for the help mower......i mean mowcius ahhah where did that name come from?

I say we make our podcasts!

I have an hd camera, but feel uncomfortable to be seen on internet cause im under 18 blah blah blah.

I have a good editing software.

Perhaps this could be group work.
Every month someone makes a video. Send it to me if you want. I'll edit. I'll send back. And they can review it. Then post on a arduino youtube account that we all could share?

Yep sounds good. I will set up a new youtube account for the site (doing it now) and I will find some way for people to share videos and get them on there...

I have a good editing software.

I have cyberlink power director but it tries to eat my computer every time I run it!

Mowcius

That sounds good. Can we also have them on your site so we can set up a RSS feed and have the vids on iTunes? (I think that would definatley increase our exposure)

Can we also have them on your site so we can set up a RSS feed and have the vids on iTunes

YouTube offers several RSS feeds for categorised groups of videos (such as recently uploaded, top viewed etc) as well as customised feeds for users and tags.

I can just set up the feed for the duinoaday page so any uploaded videos will be shown through that. I'm trying not to stick too much on the site at the moment...

Mowcius

Ehm... hasn't Makemagazine already go a podcast (Arduino 101)?

Probably ;D

Mowcius

If you read the first post of this thread, I said that make: has its podcast with some arduino stuff but that it would be nice to have a 100% all arduino podcast.

Make tends to cover more craft projects then anything else.

Yeah and something more often with a wider variety, not just: how to connect a button, how to connect an LED. Stuff that actually include finished projects as well for example: how to play pong on an 8x8 LED matrix or stuff like that. Makes it a bit more intreresting than just getting things working.

I will have a play around and see if I can get a standard start done for any videos that people want to do.

Mowcius