Building MIDI Controller Project (WIP)

Hello,

I was thinking for building my own midi controller to communicate with software like VJ software: Resolume

I made a drawing of how I see it

(click picture to enlarge)

Update of the drawing:

What does it have?

• 1 Arduino UNO board (maybe I'm gona need a bigger board with more analog inputs, if I wish to add more stuff)
  • 4 Faders
  • 2 PotMeters
  • 8 Resistors
  • 8 LED (Blue)

whats with the LED's and the faders

The 4 faders each have a LED, I want the to be off if my fader is at 0% and I it to be at on if my fader is at 100% and between its gona dim depending on the fader

The 2 potmeters and 4 LED's,
the idea: If my podmeter is in the middle the 2 LED's are dimmed to 50%, if I turn the potmeter completely to right, I want te right LED to be at 100% and the left on at 0%

I love coding and figgering out how it works so I want to create my own code so (for arduino) so... Can I ask not to give any code :grin:

Since I'm do not actualy (yet) own a Arduino board I'm just doing some research if this is possible and thats why I'm asking, is this possible what I'm thinking of?

Is my drawning correct?
Is there a way to convert the data received from arduino to something MIDI so that Resolume or any other application can use?

If Successfully builded this controller, I'm thinking of creating a video tutorial :smiley:

ps. I draw this in fritzing, if you wish to have the drawing, just ask :wink:

I would keep pin 0 and 1 free as these are the hardware serial and your LEDS might interfere with the signal when uploading code. You have enough pins at the high end.

what's the purpose of R13 and R14 ? just dimming the LEDS?

robtillaart:
I would keep pin 0 and 1 free as these are the hardware serial and your LEDS might interfere with the signal when uploading code. You have enough pins at the high end.

Thanks for the advice

robtillaart:
what's the purpose of R13 and R14 ? just dimming the LEDS?

These are also potmeters that send values to the midi software (and ofc they dim leds)

EDIT: I updated my drawing

Why not connect the potmeters all in the same way, and do the dimming of the LEDs from code?
more flexible imho ...

robtillaart:
Why not connect the potmeters all in the same way, and do the dimming of the LEDs from code?
more flexible imho ...

what do you mean with connecting the same way?

and I was planning on dimming the LED's via code yes