How to put servo together

I just got a sidekick kit for my arduino it comes with a servo which i would like to try but the propeller looking parts must be put together with the motor and there are no instructions. Does any one know of a video on the web which shows how to put it together? I'm a total newbie.

Thanks

The "propeller looking parts" sound like you might be talking about a choice of servo arm or 'horn'. Often a servo comes with a choice of arms that can be mounted on the servo shaft. Typically they will have 1, 2, 4, or 6 arms or a circular disk. Typically they have a square recess that fits on the servo output shaft and a center hole for a screw to fasten the arm to the shaft.

the propeller looking parts must be put together with the motor

There's no must be... as John says, there's a choice of horns, and you pick the one you need for what it is you're trying to do. You press the one you want onto the spline: the spline allows it to be fitted at a number of different angles, and you choose that according to what it is you're going to use as linkages to the thing you're trying to move.

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm a very experienced C programmer but I never had the chance to learn about electronics at all and I'm trying to use Arduino to have some fun and fill in some gaps in my education. Somethings are easy to learn on your own and some aren't. it's great to have forums with helpful people