UTFT+ITDB02-5.0 (SSD1963)+adruino mega 2560 white screen

Hey Guys !

I have a embarrassing problem with my wonderful display ! ! :sleeping:

So...

A have; Arduino Mega 2560 + TFT LCD Mega Shield V1.2 and 5" lcd ITDB02-5.0, lcd works on SSD1963 module.

I download latest library from henningkarlsen.com called UTFT -> install, change driver to -> myGLCD(ITDB50,.....)" or "myGLCD(SSD1963_800...)" I use the 38,39,40,41 pin

and... WOW !!..

I got white screen ! ! ! =(

I read a lot of posts and everything should be ok, please Guys HELP ME !!

shield link
http://www.elecfreaks.com/store/lcd-tft01-arduino-mega-shield-v14-p-214.html

lcd link

Just an overview....it appears you are on the right board, you are using the right library, and you have a good display. I do have one concern about the shield. Have you found others using this combination? The iteads use a shield with ICs to reduce voltage while the elecfreaks use resistors. Shouldn't be an issue but maybe something to look at.

hi 997_1
I read your earlier posts about lcd's

Maby my Arduino is damaged, i see wired pins on the soldering microcontroler.

I made a small test for example led blink, I gave "HIGH" on pin 35, led is light up but also lights on pin 34 ...
very strange ...

SO.. i must order new arduino board

Maby buy a mega DUE so i have a question -> something like; pin mapping will be correct with the standard examples ?

I dont want any unnecessary problems on start lcd with ARM microcontroler

I greet you, the only one who You replied

kamil,
I would be complete blown away if your Arduino was bad. I have never had a bad board and could estimate I have had 40-50 Arduinos.
In your blink example purposely place your pin 34 low and try your experiment again on pin 35 and 34.
Give me a few days and I will try my 5"itead on an elecfreak shield and let you know what happens.

HI
I connectet electric meter and the pin is wired, closed circuit ...

About SHIELD:

When i buy shield , first im buy ITDB02 Arduino MEGA Shield v2.0 but dosnet work, i call to
salesman.

The guy built a own my part setup He did a few tests and said that this shield does not work with 4.3 and 5.0 lcd 1963 and send me elecfreaks v1.2 ...

so I think the shield is ok. nevermind

I read about DUE and i see the logic voltage is 3.3v so I will have to remove resistors on shield
and closed circuit and everything should be fine.

Am right ?

i dont know if its irrelevant but i already wired the itdb5" (hooked with the mighty UTFT Henning Karlsen library) directly to my mega board and got the same white screen,
i was wondering if this issue is related to using/dumping the shield board :cold_sweat:
any suggestions ??

Hi draconlord

You connected wires form LCD to mega board without resistors ?

aah yeah i did i got a feeling that i did a disaster havent i :astonished:,
do i have to put a resistor down each signal or just precised register ?
excuse my ignorance thats why i am asking the arduino guru's :smiley:

MEGA operating voltage is 5v, your lcd is 3.3 v so u must put a 10k resistor down each signal you are use to lower voltage.

997_1 my men, where are you ? :slight_smile:

ok but do you think it has anything to do with the white screen ??

in your case I think that it

UTDB02 5" utft + shield + Arduino DUE

Load this file and it will work

UTFT_Leonardo_Demo_320x240.ino (5.58 KB)