Go Down

Topic: Scrollbar request (Read 416 times) previous topic - next topic

DaveAhrendt

Is it possible to add a scrollbar to the pull down list on the right side when opening a file? I've been working on Marlin printer firmware and there are many files.  Scrolling up and down using just the up and down arrows takes a lot of time.  A real scrollbar would make this much easier.
Using the file/open dialog just creates another instance of the IDE.

Robin2

If you are asking about adding a scrollbar to the Marlin program then you need to ask the Marlin developers. Marlin is a very complex program.

This Arduino Forum is mainly for helping people write their own Arduino programs. Figuring out how to modify Marlin without breaking it would be a mammoth task.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

DaveAhrendt

Well, no. I was asking about adding the scrollbar to the Arduino IDE I'm using to build the Marlin firmware.  The reason I'm asking is indeed because the Marlin code is so complex and comprises many files which is way I'd like to see a scrollbar.

Robin2

May 09, 2017, 11:06 pm Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:07 pm by Robin2
Then I am out of my depth - sorry. I don't use the IDE for editing my programs.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

DaveAhrendt

OK, thanks.  I guess I'm in the wrong place.  I was thinking that this area was a bit of a "suggestion box" to the developers of the IDE.

Robin2

OK, thanks.  I guess I'm in the wrong place.  I was thinking that this area was a bit of a "suggestion box" to the developers of the IDE.
I'm not one of the developers so my comments don't affect that issue.

However I am not aware that the Arduino development team ever take any notice of content on the Forum. Most of the input in this section of the Forum is from ordinary users who want to contribute libraries etc.

...R

Go Up