Go Down

Topic: Communicating to my Arduino Yun overseas with webpage (Read 407 times) previous topic - next topic

JovanYong

I just want to check, for example i created a webpage to control my sensor of my arduino yun, let say if i travel overseas for a period of time, am i still able to access the webpage and communicate with my arduino?

pert

If the webpage is accessible via the internet it's accessible from anywhere. Note that just because you can access the page from your local network doesn't mean it's accessible from the Internet. Depending on where you're at certain websites may be blocked (Great Firewall of China for example) but I believe this is done as a blacklist rather than whitelist so I don't think it would affect you.

omersiar

Yun is an IoT device which is intended to be used exactly for this reason -to access it from where ever you are-.  The answer is simply yes, but not always. There are several things to keep in mind.

Arduino Yun should be connected to Internet. Somehow it should be publicly available, which means configuring NAT, DDNS services, firewall, etc.

Configuring them is not an overwhelming task, so do not be afraid to start. There are dozens of examples out there.
Pure SPI Library for 1602 LCD using Shift Register
https://github.com/omersiar/ShiftedLCD

RFID Access Control Project
https://github.com/omersiar/RFID522-Door-Unlock

JovanYong

Yun is an IoT device which is intended to be used exactly for this reason -to access it from where ever you are-.  The answer is simply yes, but not always. There are several things to keep in mind.

Arduino Yun should be connected to Internet. Somehow it should be publicly available, which means configuring NAT, DDNS services, firewall, etc.

Configuring them is not an overwhelming task, so do not be afraid to start. There are dozens of examples out there.

so for example, i use IIS as my web server and .NET as my webpage, i deploy them onto the web. So as long as i know the url/ipaddress of my webserver, i would able to connect it anywhere right?

JovanYong

Hi, i just want to found out how to out control the sensors attached to arduino yun using asp.net wireless.
Because for the normal arduino uno, i can connect through serial port.
But i have no clue how to connect wirelessly,
Any way i can do that?

JovanYong

I have a project where i am given a arduino yun , a base shield and light sensors, and im only allowed to use asp.net to control my sensor wirelessly.
The only way i can control is using serial port which have to plug in through usb.

Is there a way for me to do control it wirelessly?
No matter how i find the website i cant find anything.

Coding Badly

@JovanYong, do not cross-post.  Threads merged.

Coding Badly

@JovanYong, stop cross-posting.  Threads merged.

Go Up