Go Down

Topic: No hotspot arduino yun (Read 329 times) previous topic - next topic

adarsh231428

Mar 10, 2017, 01:28 pm Last Edit: Mar 10, 2017, 01:40 pm by adarsh231428
I have just bought an Arduino YUN but when i connected it to my PC its not creating its hotspot. It is like the linux manchine is not reponding..How to proceed please?? :(

Ballscrewbob

Have you uploaded the first config sketch "YunFirstConfig" in the BRIDGE examples

It is mentioned on the YUN getting started page HERE about half way down the page.

The YUN can be a bit of a learning experience at first as I made quite a few simple errors getting started.

It is well worth reading the YUN pages and trying out the various examples and such.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

adarsh231428

I have uploaded the sketch still the same though. It seems like the program hangs at Bridge.begin(). I cannot find the solution and i need to make this work because it is for a final year project to be submitted in 2 weeks.

Ballscrewbob

Can you see the yun on an IP address ?

I got mine by going to the routers dhcp page but there are other methods also mentioned on that yun page again about half way down.

Some of us have reported the inability to get in via the local page but almost everyone can get in via an IP.

Also will it accept the yun blink sketch ?

I also just uploaded the yun "wifistatus" example and for that you must use the desktop IDE serial monitor on whatever com port you are using. Thats takes a few moments to come up but reports fine here.

If after any of that you are still stuck you may want to try full resets...again mentioned on the first link.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

adarshRamlackhan

i have uploaded the wifi status sketch but it hangs at "starting bridge". The SSID of the arduino yun is not appearing. It is not appearing on the router dhcp page. I have tried to hold the Wlan RST button for more than 30 seconds and more than 5 seconds but less than 30 seconds. Unfortunately nothing happen.

ShapeShifter

There is some timing involved that is not mentioned in the tutorials. The first - and most important - thing to know is that it takes about a minute for the Linux side to boot up and for the default WiFi hotspot to appear. This can seem like an eternity when you are waiting for it. Are you sure you're waiting long enough?

Closely related is that Bridge.begin() is trying to establish communications with the Linux side of the Yun. That can't happen until Linux has finished booting, so it will appear that Bridge.begin() will hang for that first minute or so after applying power.

Finally, the short or long presses of the WLAN RST buttons are not recognized until after Linux has fully booted. You need to wait until Linux is done booting, and only then can you start the button press sequence. For most other products, you can press and hold the reset button immediately after power on, or even while applying power, but that's not the case with the Yun. This often trips people up.

Ballscrewbob

Mar 11, 2017, 02:54 pm Last Edit: Mar 11, 2017, 02:55 pm by Ballscrewbob
Another method into the YUN is wired ethernet.

That is my prefered method here as there are a lot of WiFi devices in my house if you count all the IOT devices and wired is more reliable to me.
It will at least let you in to change the WiFi parameters and check the status.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy