Shield Pin Usage Table

Hmm, wonder if I can make my webserver dynamic generate images like the one from Mark Bramwell...

Plus the option to easily add new to it.

Hmm, wonder if I can make my webserver dynamic generate images like the one from Mark Bramwell...

I've used the PHP image library to do that sort of thing and it was fairly easy.

But, an HTML table would be much easier to generate. It generally amounts to: output "top stuff" ( tag, header row), output each row in a loop, output "bottom stuff" (footer row,

tag).

Yeah, also figured out how to do it :slight_smile: Modified version of a surveillance system I made, combined 6 images in one and stored it and such.

Was just to try something else ;D

I do think its important to come up with some solution that can live within the Playground Wiki. That ensures that long after we are all gone from the forum, someone else can keep things up to date.

Agreed. I wish we could modify that page width. [smiley=cry.gif]

I was thinking about maybe changing the table such that we could color code the "pins" and have a legend. e.g.

Passive pins = background yellow
Optional pins = background light green
etc...

But I'm having trouble with making an easy way to do that within pmWiki (e.g. table cell backgrounds with wikiStyles). I only managed to make the text color background change. Any ideas?

See what you think. I've mocked up the page with the coloring examples.

b

But I'm having trouble with making an easy way to do that within pmWiki (e.g. table cell backgrounds with wikiStyles). I only managed to make the text color background change. Any ideas?

Well someone coloured the columns black or is doing that easier than a single box...

I think the highlighting is ok.

Mowcius

Hmm unfortunately I see this idea seems to have died.

I have been looking into a way to do a comparison table (like they do for online stores) so you can pick products and compare.

I think that having a big table is ok but you really want to be able to click the different shields and compare them to see if any pins usages overlap.

Anyone know of an easy way to do this? Obviously this would not be possible on the playground but somewhere is better than nowhere.

Mowcius

Wouldn't be that difficult to make a system for that, problem is again just that it is not located on this site.

It could be linked to this site. I do feel that this site is in need of a major makeover though.

Mowcius

Trying to put something simple together...

System that shows the added shields
http://k8055.info/arduino/

Now to make the function that can check if there are multiple on the same pin.

And the system is almost done. The first shield will be reference for the following, and they will then be marked with red if they already are used, or marked with green if there are optional positions.

Some of the next will be to make the function where it is possible to select which shields you want to stack.

And it is working, so far.

Haven't done anything to it regarding layout, only made the function.

That seems to function well so far :slight_smile:

I will watch this thread with interest...

Mowcius

Adding the option to easy add new shields to it tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Nice job! I like it.

Maybe if we talk real nicely to David C., maybe he'll put it up somewhere on the site? The issues will be code/data maintenance, and spam prevention.

If not, maybe one of us will work out a site where it can stay permanent.

Can you have the source available somewhere too (when you're ready)? (e.g. Google Code)

b

Can you have the source available somewhere too (when you're ready)? (e.g. Google Code)

Well I just saved the web page and have been having a bit of a personal play with it. Not got too far yet but it is nicely done.

Mowcius

Dont know when my version of it will be avalible. Might first be when I add the add function, and change the code layout.

what do you code it in html or php? you could use mysql database with all the shields...
and use php to notify of pin useage.

• a adding system would be a simple as a few fields

i can try to come up with something and post it on my website.
i really want to have a new webpage project.
maybe go trough with the arduino sketchs/library upload site and add this to.

if it ok with you i'll use your code.

I am making it in asp, still learning php, and also using a mysql database with all the shields info in, just been a bit busy so i havent finished the add function yet

Just made a little fast page for adding shields http://k8055.info/arduino/add.asp no design on that either, but it should work :slight_smile:

functionality first layout later! :stuck_out_tongue:
asp is not in my Vocabulary...