Stuck with ESP-12E

Hello!

After my previous embarassment in misunderstanding the meaning of the running modes names, I decided to use my Uno as FDTI controller to check if everything is OK with the ESP (running it in normal mode, with GPIO0 high).

Well, now I can "hear" the ESP using a serial monitor when it boots up (I'm using Termite; see boot message below) with the Baud Rate of 19200.

TØ[13]cÄԖ›sBǯXBéßœÿ\eÂ[12]ô[19]óá[15]ÇÑ8ÕŠáŸø[1B]Çü|_R[14]ëÐø[1B]Û[13]ÂzD–¾[18]cS[15]kt[13]AßW¹S[1D][13]–xÆ[18]rSüÿ
Ai-Thinker Technologyðg.

ready

But after that I'm unable to get inteligible responses from AT tests... I only get "garbage", suggesting the baud rate is wrong. But I tried all the rates, and none of them give me a response that I could understand. (tried "AT" and "AT+GMR").

Also tried to flash a new firmware using the ESP DOWNLOAD TOOL, but got "chip sync response" every try... double and triple checked the GPIO0 on low, and the flash set-up (crystal frequency, QIO, Flash size, etc...).

Is this supposed to be that complicated, or I'm unlucky? Every step I try to make give me a different problem.

Have any of you had a similar experience? :frowning:

*** UPDATE ***

Apparently it was a "luck" issue. I've got another ESP, and now it's fine.

Thank you!