FORUM MIGRATION SCHEDULED JAN 24th

I like SMF emoticons/smiley's, but just deleting everything.... ::slight_smile:

Nice to see some constructive discussion on this. Timing could be a bit better but hey, better late than never.

Jeroen

I really hope the old forum data can be migrated into the new forum somehow...even an Archive section is much better than the alternative.

Get it migrated into an archive and then let some people move threads over to the new topics. I'm sure that it would not take too long to get the threads moved manually. I'd say I could easily do 100 a day or so without too much trouble.

Mowcius

Wish i could help you people !
:frowning: i don't know anything related to converting things but
I could help you probably in the dumbest possible ways :wink:
i can just copy paste the members status and post count into a spread sheet ::slight_smile: :-[

i can just copy paste the members status and post count into a spread sheet

I think that would be rather a waste of time :smiley:

I think that would be rather a waste of time Cheesy

I know that ! :slight_smile: but just in case is they would find it helpful i would do it i guess at max a ten hours work ! i could do it for all the wonderful people out here ( including you :wink:

But.....but.....but.....,
SMF already provide a YABB converter!?!

But.....but.....but.....,
SMF already provide a YABB converter!?!

David Cuartielles

The converters existing for moving from Yabb to SMF are NOT working, sorry for the SMF developers, but it took me a week to hack it and make it work again.

REad through the posts :wink: :slight_smile:

From the SMF website -

In case there is no converter for the forum software you are using, you can request a converter.

If it hasn't already been done, it's got to be worth a try.

Good luck with the migration. I hope the new system isn't the same as the dreadful one Processing migrated too (slow, buggy on OSX, over-designed).

the converter for yabb 2.0 works fine (for a converter) it does require some tinkering to get it working with 2.2.x which is what is in use right now, and major tinkering to get it working with anything newer, but there is a mod that mostly works

you can request, but its not like the smf team is going to drop everything and get right on it, if there is someone else who knows how to do it and has a need to do it then they just might volunteer to do it, it may be tomorrow, it may be well over a year, it may be never as in the case of the yabb 2.4 converter where someone forked out money to an outside developer to make it

Just an FYI: vBulletin's free ImpEx tool (free if you buy a copy of vbulletin) can manage an import from YaBB2. If the cost of buying a VB license is the issue, I bet we could drum up the dough.

guys,

we are working on this, we might have to delay the launch a couple of days to get it to work, but believe me when I say we are working around the clock.

/d

and there goes the proof I am working with this right now

/d

man we have waited for a while now, it's not going to kill anyone to wait more, so don't go killing yourself over it

haha,

no worries ... we want to pull this out asap. Cristian and I are trying to get it done as scheduled mostly because our agenda gets really messy later on. However if I don't see a clear way out by tomorrow night, I might postpone the launching of this. But I feel its pretty close.

Also, once it is ported we will need all the help from everyone to generate other things like the help panels, moving posts, etc. There will be fun for everyone.

Thanks for your concerns though, or as we say in my hometown "OSPA" :slight_smile:

/d

Just to keep you all updated, I just managed to import the whole forum to the new system. I have to do some more CSS work, but we will continue the migration according to the plan.

/d

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

good work!

Great! :slight_smile: so everything will remain same :slight_smile: