Data logger shield for Arduino (with BLE/BT)

Hi guys, I have just designed and made a data logger shield for Arduino. It can be useful for putting up a full-featured data logger device based on Arduino, with convenient I/O extension, with massive storage and Bluetooth connectivity. The shield works with Arduino UNO/Duemilanove/Leonardo and more dedicatedly Compact MEGA 2560.

The shield features:

• MicroSD/TF card socket
  • Serial UART socket (GND,VCC,Tx,Rx) x 2
  • I2C socket (GND,VCC,SDA,SCL) x 2
  • Digital I/O breakout pins x 2
  • Analog I/O breakout pins x 4
  • Onboard BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) or Bluetooth 2.1 (optional)
  • 5v/3.3v VCC switchable for I2C (via jumpers)
  • Additional shield stackable

Onboard BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)

The onboard BLE module provides Arduino with transparent serial communication with BLE-enabled device (iPhone 4S/5, iPad 4, iPad Mini etc.). The BLE module is based on TI CC2540. The Tx & Rx of the BLE module are wired to A2 & A3 of Arduino UNO/Duemilanove/Leonardo or A8 & A9 of Compact MEGA 2560.

To perform wireless communication with mobile devices, all needed to do on Arduino side is serial communcation with SoftwareSerial. Please note that the maximum length of data sent at one time is up to 20 bytes.

SoftwareSerial mySerial(A8, A9); /* for BLE Shield on MEGA*/
mySerial.begin(9600);
mySerial.print("Hello BLE device!");

For more information, please refer to this page.

Ordered!
Not sure how you get away with the simple serial for BLE.

How are the characteristics/services setup?

I will be using android to connect to this.

Thanks. I suggest you making sure whether your phone supports BT 2.1 or BT 4.0 (BLE). Most android phones do not support BLE.

stanleyhuang:
Thanks. I suggest you making sure whether your phone supports BT 2.1 or BT 4.0 (BLE).

Phones support BLE.
Is there any documentation available showing how to define/access characteristics using this shield?

@stanleyhuang, do not cross-post. Please post advertisements where they belong: Products and Services.

There is sample source code for iOS on my website.

int2str:
Phones support BLE.
Is there any documentation available showing how to define/access characteristics using this shield?