Single switch, multiple mode sketch question (answered, video of final product)

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I actually just got my Uno a while ago, and now I'm going to spend the next couple hours trying to get this thing to work, but i still don't have the hall sensor yet... It seems like everyone is agreeing on the array thing, so I'm going to try and hopefully learn to do those.. And yes, the hall sensor is to get a gauge of how fast the board is moving. The whole point of the led patterns set the way they are is to get the effect of the leds being stationary over a single point over the ground while the board is actually moving.

Thanks for the help so far and keep posting array codes so I can try them out and learn how they work!

Oh, and lloyddean, the code you posted cycles through the 10 modes correctly, but it seems to be completely disregarding the hall sensor. I have the Uno hooked up to a breadboard of 12 leds and on mode 0 every led is on just like I wanted. Then on mode 1 just the first led is on just as I wanted as well, but when I push the hall sensor (it's currently a button b/c I don't have the actual hall sensor yet) nothing changes. Just that one led remains on.
If someone can find the problem with this I think I can build the rest of the modes myself, some help with this problem would be huge!

I also just noticed that when I press the hall button on any mode, the built in led turns on. I know the built in led is hooked up to pin 13 by default, but I'm still unsure if this is supposed to happen so I thought I'd include it.