M0PRO

Hi
I am wondering if there is an RTC function included on the M0PRO (like on the Zero) ?

If yes, could somebody give me the way to control it (dedicate library, sketch examples )?

Many thanks

Hi DR49,

Yes, the SAMD21 microcontroller contains an on-chip RTC peripheral.

The easiest way to control it is via the RTCZero library, found here on Github: GitHub - arduino-libraries/RTCZero: RTC Library for SAMD21 based boards.

The RTC peripheral has 3 modes in which can act as a 32-bit timer, 16-bit timer or clock/calendar.

Driven off the external on-board 32.768KHz cyrstal at ±20ppm (parts per million) you'll get an accuracy of around ±1.73 seconds a day.

the M0 bootloader uses the internal RTC for timing and resets the clock at reset. (very stupid)
so I use M0 without bootloader. (I don't have a Pro version, but an external programmer)

Thanks all for your answers

I will then try to use it instead my DS1307 wich is working well but adding more HW...

Will let you know about my test.

By the way, I missed to ask you the following question about the M0PRO board.

It's written "RETIRED" on the main spec of the section "ressources""products""M0PRO" of this website ?
What does that mean ?

The DS1307 wants a 5V VCC. It will probably disable the I2C interface at 3.3V
But it should be happy with the SDA, SCL pulled up to 3.3V

In the days of Arduino.cc vs Arduino.org warfare, one produced the Zero and the other produced the M0 Pro.

Now that they have kissed and made up, only the Zero is manufactured.

It should not matter very much whether you have Zero or M0 Pro. Just make sure that you select the correct Board in Tools.

David.