Overheating and slowing down.

Just need some input from the community, maybe someone knows what happened to me.

Ok, I got a project, I am using Due to control a cooling unit. We ran the cooling unit at ambient temperature of 25 °C, we are using PLX-DAQ macro to put readings from the sensors into Excel (USB connection from board to PC), everything worked fine, got sensor readings about every second. We increased ambient temperature to 40 °C, everything is working, but we are now receiving sensor reading every 4 to 7 seconds.

The Atmel website says that the SAM3X should work from -40 to 85 °C, we were doing 40 °C.

Page 1389 of the datasheet.

Anybody has any idea why we went from receiving data every second to receiving it every 4-7 seconds?

Hi,

did you use delay(1000) to obtain the one second delay between two data sends or something else?

SAM3X is working without problem at that temperature range as it is an industrial product, but if you use a timer peripheral, which takes its reference on the internal 32KHz RC, it could explain what you obtain.

aethaniel:
Hi,

did you use delay(1000) to obtain the one second delay between two data sends or something else?

SAM3X is working without problem at that temperature range as it is an industrial product, but if you use a timer peripheral, which takes its reference on the internal 32KHz RC, it could explain what you obtain.

Thank you for looking in. And yes, while looking at something else we found the delay of 3 seconds [delay(3000)], our code runs for about 1 second, with that 3 second delay, that is how we were getting 4 second delay overall.