Ads for the Arduino mkr family are annoying

I'm looking at an Arduino forum already. I really don't need to see Ads for....Arduino >:(

I was going to make the same point but then I reminded myself that I don't have to pay to use the Forum.

...R

(deleted)

Robin2:
I was going to make the same point but then I reminded myself that I don't have to pay to use the Forum.

...R

And when people get annoyed at too many ads and leave, that's how websites die. It's happened over and over on the internet. It is especially bad when the ads don't behave and end up making the site unusable like mentioned by @cryscryb.

Dont see any adverts here....
Hmmm Maybe its the extra care I take with my browsers add ons etc.

Scriptsafe works well in Chrome methinks :slight_smile:
FBPurity in FB (FB how it should be)
GoogleAnalyticsOptOut (from google themselves)

Am sure you guys have your own additions to a cleaner better internet.

Robin2:

...R

I think you have more than paid your dues.

cryscryb:
Has anyone else using the latest version of Google Chrome noticed that on the reference pages, the square ad on the left sidebar overlaps the reference content? Basically you can't read a chunk of the content because the add runs over about 1/2 inch of the content area cutting off the front bit of each line.

There is a bug report for it here:

However, the problem now no longer occurs for me after I did a Ctrl+F5. So it may be the problem is already fixed by they didn't bother to close the issue report. That's a frequent problem in the Arduino organization. The website team just refuse to use the established system that works so well for the rest of the developers.

Robin2:

...R

You pay with your time.