avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Hello, my name is ongun. Yesterday i bought sparksfuns v3.1 inventors kit. Its been 4.5 year i graduated from college i do completely different thing now. So please explain me very simple as possible

All i did was i wrote website that was on the manual i installed it. I created the first example circuit. I said upload and i got this error. avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding. I look at online many people had this problem but, i was unable to understand the solutions.

I checked my serial port it is /dev/tty.usbserial.A5025z41 In the manual it says use this.

My circuit is fine. When ever i plug the usb without doing anything with software led and blue light blinks(13), not fast once every one second.

Please help me thank you :slight_smile: !

hey ongun,

first you might wanna try killing the avrdude process from your task manager or just "kill averdude" in the console if you use linux.

If this doesn't help it sounds like your auto reset is not working properly and you might wanna try doing it manuel:
Press the reset button (should be the only possible button on your Arduino) and let it go right before you press upload on your sketch. You might wanna try some different timings of letting the button go if it doesn't work because I am not 100% sure.