Help with account

Hey mods, this is delta_G. I can't login. It says my password is bad. I tried to reset it and it sent me a email with a temporary password, but that password was also rejected. This appears to be a thing that's going on, but I didn't really know how to get in touch with anyone to help without access to my account so I created a new one.

Bonus points for anyone who gets the temporary name change reference.

When were you last able to access the forum?

Got it. You have to click the link provided in the email. No click = you're stuffed.

Thank you co much!

This was exactly the answer. I wasn't using the link in the email because I had the login screen open on the other monitor.

Yup. That's how I always reset a password. The have-to-click-the-link is a new twist.

You are welcome.

Wait why did it post as that guy?

How about after some aggressive cache cleaning.

Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!! I'm me again!

I smell a cookie bug.

(A foul thing for certain. But not nearly as offensive as that mouse that shimmied up a CAT5 cable to steal a chocolate chip cookie from me while I was sitting at my desk.)

I just got a permanent ban (Sock Puppet) after I tried to log on using my phone. I suspect I fell foul of the new password requirements. The site did let me change password though and after removing my Arduino cookies I'm back again unbanned. Annoying though.

@wildbill, are you able to access the forum from your phone?

No. I'm getting incorrect username or password

I wonder how many members are still out there in La La land after being banned for being a sock puppet. You can Google all you want, but when you try to read anything that might help you from the forum you are still denied.

Why I ask, won't you/they just let someone read the forum to at least get an idea of what might have gone wrong?

Pretty darn scary for someone who is hooked on Arduino. :confused:

I too got a "permanent ban ... sock puppet". Turns out that a simple "clear browser cache" was enough to log in again. In case someone else finds this thread using a different browser/computer like I did :wink:

@wildbill, does @terraduino's suggestion help?

No. Not fatfingering the userid did though :-[