Go Down

Topic: Pins D72 / D73 hardware access? (Read 378 times) previous topic - next topic

vaclav

Jan 06, 2015, 04:39 pm Last Edit: Jan 06, 2015, 07:41 pm by Vaclav
It looks as D72 / D73 pins ( connected to Tx/ Rx LED next to native USB port) are accessible by software only or did I missed something?
I suppose these can be used in an addition ( indicator LED )  to "standard" LED on pin 13 which does have a pin connected to it. Nice.
I was hoping the Tx/Rx can be associated with the additional serial ports, but have not look at the software , not yet. Perhaps someone knows this for sure.

Cheers Vaclav

Addendum:
With exception of "Tx" LED color - green - and not yellow as shown on schematic it works as expected.
During casual test, I noticed the "L"  - pin 13 LED stays ON without any deliberate software to set it on, apparently default. Also noted that it is not connected ( in schematic) to "standard" serial as it is on Uno Tx  ( I think, I am to lazy to verify that).
The schematic also labels these connections /LED PCB traces TxL and RxL with a note "CONNECT" so  my question should be modified - where or what is "CONNECT"?

dlloyd

During casual test, I noticed the "L"  - pin 13 LED stays ON without any deliberate software to set it on, apparently default.
This LED has a buffer driving it. With pin 13 floating high it will be illuminated. Just connecting a scope probe or any pull-down resistor will make it turn off (with empty sketch).

It looks as D72 / D73 pins ( connected to Tx/ Rx LED next to native USB port) are accessible by software only or did I missed something?
Yes.

I was hoping the Tx/Rx can be associated with the additional serial ports, but have not look at the software , not yet. Perhaps someone knows this for sure.
You can use these led's to signify a connection "CONNECT" for anything you want in your code.

Go Up