MacBook Air

Before ordering a MacBook Air, does some of you could confirm the arduino IDE running on MacBook Air interfaces correctly with arduino mega 1280 board and arduino mega 2560 board via USB ?
Thank you in advance, Albert

Yes, it works.

OK I've just ordered a refurbished MacBook Air running with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Downloaded arduino IDE version 22, compiled my PDE project then downloaded to my arduino mega board via USB port.
Everything works fine except one big problem: when I close the MacBook Air screen panel then re-open it a bit after, I never get any display, black screen,... so need to reboot the MacBook Air.

Do you know how to fix this or is it related to a bug on USB power management ?

"re-open it a bit after,"

I looked at my clock and "a bit" doesn't appear. How long is that?

I compile my PDE project, download to arduino mega board,... everything works fine.

Then I close the screen panel (not sure this correct label.... sorry I'm french) but leave the USB wire connected between MacBook Air and arduino mega board.

I come back say 1 minute after, re-open screen panel and everything is blank, no screen, no nothing so I need to reboot

Does the problem still occur if unplugging the Mega before going to sleep?

Personally, I unplug all USB (and display) devices before going to sleep. Their tendency to wake the machine back up on disconnect is annoying.

the problem occurs if I leave the Mega connected to MacBook AIr before going to sleep.
in other words, when I later wake the MacBook Air, the Mega is still connected vis USB but the screen will stay black, nothing,...
I guess best to disconnect Mega prior to put to sleep the Mac as you suggest