arduino mega + xbee pro shield

Hy

I have :

My question:
How do I connect the the xbee shield to my arduino mega ? (maybe a stupid question, but I can't find much info about it (arduino mega + xbee shield))
(If i want to connect the 6 pins of the icsp port, the rest of the pins are at analog in/analog out.
But their is a separate part on the arduino with the communication pins, but i can't turn the shield like that so I can use them ?)

Do I need a shield between the arduino mega and the xbee shield or can i just connect it to the arduino ?
(just a clear picture of the arduino mega with the xbee shield would help me a lot!)

Voor de nederlandstalige: (dutch)
ik heb een arduino mega 2560 en een xbee shield en ik weet niet goed hoe ik deze moet connecteren met elkaar ?

Thanks,

How do I connect the the xbee shield to my arduino mega ?

I do wish people would stop propagating that stupid design. The 8 pin side connects to the pins 0 to 7. The 6 pin side connects to the analog pins. It doesn't use them, or any of the other pins that it covers up. They are just anchors.

But their is a separate part on the arduino with the communication pins, but i can't turn the shield like that so I can use them ?)

I'm not sure what this means. But, there is only one way that the shield fits.

Do I need a shield between the arduino mega and the xbee shield

No.

I can't find my XBee shields like that right now, or I would take a picture. I can't find them because I no longer use them. There are better XBee shields.

Before you go to far with those, make sure that the board is capable of supplying the current that the Pro models need. Some shields are not.

This is how I connect up my Xbee and GPS shields to a Mega.

The XBee Shield serial connection

Flick the switch to "DLINE", this is a GPS Shield, but you get the idea.

Here is the GPS Shield Serial Connection

Then use your Mega TXn/RXn ports

And you still have 2 ports left over!
I use one of the others for a Sparkfun Serial LCD.

Ok, thanks for the replies !
They are up and running now :slight_smile:

Glad to help!

Sorry about the dust on those pics!

That setup is on my Rover 5, I've been running it outside!

Hello Problems, i have the same probleme with you but i don't understand the response can you replie me how I connect the the xbee shield to my arduino mega
Thanks in advance