Go Down

Topic: Chrome App for schools (Read 5410 times) previous topic - next topic

wfplump

Good afternoon,

I'm working with several middle schools in the Los Angeles/Orange County areas to develop an elective computer science course. Many of these students have access to chromebooks or other chrome OS devices at school. I am interested in using Arduino with about 30-40 students. What would the bulk cost be in order to purchase the Chrome app for these students to use. Please let me know. Thank you.

00alis

Dear @wfplump
we are working on pricing plan and bulking installation option for schools, we will post on this forum page as soon as we are ready to launch. Thanks!

dan_bell

Our middle school at Collegiate School in Richmond, VA are 1:1 Chromebook and use Arduinos extensively with Macs in the classroom, which has proven problematic at best. We'd like to use our Arduinos with our Chromebooks, but are currently unable to even install the app and try it out, let alone purchase it, which we are very interested in for at least 100 users. Our domain extension, though Google Education, is not @gmail.com, but @collegiate-va.org. Could this be source of the issue of not being able to install? I've attached a screenshot of this from the Chrome store. Please advise.

sandeepmistry

Hi @dan_bell,

You'll have to wait until the bulk option for schools is ready.

In the meantime if you'd like to try it out, I suggest you create a @gmail.com Google ID and try out the Chrome app with it's 5 day trial.

ravenn

dan_bell

What is the time frame for the bulk option to be available?

sandeepmistry

Hi @dan_bell,

The current planned timeline is end of November.

Go Up