[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

Hi, this mod effectively saved my day, as it, unlike the official realease version, actually runs on my computer..

Arduino Leonardo
Windows 7
ERW 1.0.5

I need to program a webserver that monitors a lot of hardware, and decided that the easiest way for me, was to use an arduino, and then transmit sampled data via serial port to an old laptop.

However!
I spent an hour debugging the arduino, as I could not get the serial port to work, and started doubting if the board worked at all.
Then it occurred to me that I could blink with "L", tried it and it worked fine.
Then added the Serial.begin(), and the println(), and the board still blinked the diode, so the code was running.
Finally I tried opening putty, and monitored the serial port, and using putty, I got data from the board.
hurray, the board works as it should, and the code runs :smiley:

but the serial monitor tool in the ERW does not receive data ??

There are some issues with the serial monitor and the leonardo (I didn't had a leonardo in that time to test the issues). My idea is eventually update this, but I haven't started yet due laziness

How hard would it be to have the main window's location and size recorded to the preferences file? I like my window to be larger than the default, and having to resize it every time I open the program is a pain. I know that I can edit the preferences file myself, and have done so, but really, a program should remember the user's preferences in size.

frasej:
How hard would it be to have the main window's location and size recorded to the preferences file? I like my window to be larger than the default, and having to resize it every time I open the program is a pain. I know that I can edit the preferences file myself, and have done so, but really, a program should remember the user's preferences in size.

In terms of effort, probably low. I will try to remember it when I am modifiying the preferences stuff. But it would be better if you append the suggestion here Issues · eried/Arduino · GitHub because my memory Its like a ram, gets flushed after sleeping.

I downloaded and love the Enhanced Release version!! I am also relatively new to Arduino and it's related programming. Might someone tell me how to change the columns on the screen? When I start the program, all coding is to the extreme left on the screen and it is hard to see. Also, when first started, the slider on the bottom is set to put the screen all the way to the right. Before I can see prior coding, I have to move the slider to the left to view the left side of the screen. Are changes for these two problems in the "idesettings_v104.txt" file? If so, under what listing? Thanks!!

This turned out to be the easy workaround for using Windoze 8.1 and not being allowed by the OS to get to the temp directory where the hex file is generated. I was able to use the button under the sketch tab and get there, then create a link to that directory on my desktop. No more 'Access Denied'.

drjiohnsmith:
come on now

these fixes to the arduino system are great, and long over due.
the way problems have been on the forum for years and not acted upon is very depressing,

hopefully, now its September the italains are back from the august break, and we might get some fix's.
till then , at least we have some one who can support us, and all power to them.

Two years down the line and it still sucks :slight_smile:
All sorts of vague improvements in 1.06 that i never realized were a problem, but still no scrolling

Hello,

A great mod for me.
I used arduino with student and they all have phones with BT, so a lot of malfunction.

I installed it as administrator on my laptops.
But at their student account, the board drivers aren't installed.

Is their an option to install this program for all users?

And the FFT (??? there are 3 options: board drivers and 2 other) drivers failed to install.

It was a W8.1 laptop.

Johan

Thanks, Its basically what the Arduino IDE should be. Surprised they haven't moved your changes into the official release. Maybe add some intelli-sense and Better Syntax Highlighting...? Also support for the newer arduino boards like the Due and Yun...

Thanks Again. Love the reset from Serial Monitor, such a simple thing but very useful.

hola felicidades
por tu buen trabajo y dedicacion me ha funcionado muy bien
qracias a los que hos exforzais a un arduino mejor.
feliz navidad ho ho ho

Hi,
So I downloaded the software and stuff...so do I have to go through the steps of finding the ArduinoUNO.inf file or do i skip that section entirely? (I'm completely new to Arduino). Because i thought that this modified version would allow me to...but for some reasons it can't find any serial port. When I go to Tools, the serial port menu option is grayed out.

Thanks!

So i've downloaded the software, and upon the installation of the board drivers, the FTDI installs correctly but the Arduino board remains checked and raises the incomplete installation error.

Running windows 8.1, on a lenovo laptop, wondering if anyone knew why this isn't working?

Hi
I've installed v1.0.5 but, when I start it, it says (in Italian) something like this:
The sketch "E:\DOCUMENTI\Arduino\Provacavi_2.3\Provacavi_2.3k\Provacavi_2.3k.ino" can't be used. (...)

It seems it doesn't like the dot in 2.3k. I have many sketches like that and the folders have to have the same name of the sketch. Could you do something to solve the problem? Standard Arduino IDE have no problems with that files.

Thanks
Gianluca

Datman:
Hi
I've installed v1.0.5 but, when I start it, it says (in Italian) something like this:
The sketch "E:\DOCUMENTI\Arduino\Provacavi_2.3\Provacavi_2.3k\Provacavi_2.3k.ino" can't be used. (...)

It seems it doesn't like the dot in 2.3k. I have many sketches like that and the folders have to have the same name of the sketch. Could you do something to solve the problem? Standard Arduino IDE have no problems with that files.

Thanks
Gianluca

I think this problem will happen in the official version too

Any chance of launching a 1.06 enhanced version?

The main feature I am missing in the official release is the serial monitor automatically opening after upload.

Thank you and congratulations for your hard work.

If you would consider; I'd hold my horses as there seems to be a 1.0.7 comming.
Best regards
Jantje

Sergegsx:
The main feature I am missing in the official release is the serial monitor automatically opening after upload.

Same here. It is one of the most useful features of the ERW.

Hi,

I installed this because I was having problems setting up my Arduino COM port that my computer was happy with. I did everything that numerous posts on forums have prescribed which is how i installed this IDE. Same story though. The COM port has a yellow triangle and that port doesn't show up under the Serial Port menu. When I try uploading a program nevertheless, it just responds like the official IDE does. Please help, I'm losing it.
(Board: Arduino UNO R3, OS: Windows 8)

divergentribute:
(Board: Arduino UNO R3, OS: Windows 8)

Windows 8

You can try starting Arduino IDE as administrator.