My camera discontinued

I read that news a few days ago too. I follow several Photography channels on Google Currents.

The advantage of this news for you is that this model of the Hasselblad will have their prices skyrocketed in a few months/years. They'll become a desired collectors item. If I were you I'd hold on to mine and keep it in working state. Who knows, maybe in a few years you might be able to sell it for a several thousand dollars.

About a year ago I sold a Canon EOS 500n (35mm, very basic, entry-level SLR camera) for about US$ 350. It was in practically New In box, with original manuals, box, lenses kit, 2 new unopened 35mm film rolls (FUJI), UV filter, etc. I inherited it from my uncle, who I believe didn't run more than 2 rolls of film through it.

I still have 4 very old 35mm cameras: an Olympus Trip 35, a very old Kodak, a Minolta (SLR) and a Pentax (SLR) [can't remember the models]. I know that my Pentax has seen a substantial raise in market value in the last few years.

My day-by-day cameras however are a Canon A620 (it stays in the car all the time) and a Nikon D7000.