Panhandling Robot

So I saw this project last night and thought it was pretty cool. After watching the video I was inspired to create a new robot. The way the camera just follows a persons face got me thinking. What I want to do is put a face or at least some sad eyes on this robot, and use the camera set up to make it always start at a person, staring deep into their soul XD. I also want to add a can or jar or something in front of it for people to put money in. For added effect I was thinking of using a vibration motor to make the robot jiggle the can.

Here are some concerns I have though. Sorry if they are fairly obvious to you, Im still a self taught arduino novice.

1. I want this robot to be able to be operated wirelessly. I was thinking I could use the wifi shield but this is out of my price range. Im trying to keep the project below $150. Are there any other wireless solutions available or anything you can recommend to wirelessly control the robot and receive feedback from the camera?

2. Being that it is wireless, and the camera in the original face detection project was connected via usb to a computer, would it be possible to connect the webcam to the arduino USB port and control it that way? Im thinking this would cause power problems but IM not sure.

3. Speaking of power, does anyone have any cost effective ideas for how to power this robot. Ill probably just use a 9v to power the arduino, but the camera and servos will likely need their own power source. I have one of these I was thinking of using but I dont know if that would provide enough power. Id prefer something rechargeable rather than disposable batteries, but if it's not cost effective then I wont worry about it.

Here are the parts I was thinking of getting:

1 x Arduino Uno R3
2 x Mini Servo motors
1x USB Webcam
1x 400 point Breadboard
1x Vibe motor (or may just take one out of an old phone if it's more powerful)
1x Pan/tilt bracket

The rest I already have (jumpers, headers, solder, wheels) or are covered under my three concerns and I await recommendations :). Chassis I'll prolly make out of PVC. Any input on the three concerns I have is appreciated, or any modifications or unforeseen problems are also welcome to be pointed out to me!

You realise that the computer running openCV is doing the face detection, and that the Arduino is just moving the camera?
The Arduino cannot run the face detection,. It doesn't have the speed or memory

AWOL:
You realise that the computer running openCV is doing the face detection, and that the Arduino is just moving the camera?
The Arduino cannot run the face detection,. It doesn't have the speed or memory

I guess I didnt really think that one through lol. I suppose wireless is out of the question then.

This right on the edge of you price range.

1. You can use the Wireless/SD shield or the XBee shield with a WiFly module this would give you wireless control from the PC.

2 While the Arduino can't do anything useful with a camra you can get a wireless IP cam ( a WiFI cam).

Network it all to your PC! THe PC can deal with image processing and the Arduino all the servos and motors.

Mark