Official WIFI Shield fixed IP?

I have the arduino WIFI shield here and it works great, I just have one issue, i want the shield to have a fixed IP. In the begin function I don`t have the option to set the IP (compared to the ethernet lib begin(mac, ip, dns) ).

Is there a way to set the IP to static?

I allready searched the forum but I didn`t find an answer.

Greetings and thank you

Robi

Are you using the WiFiClient class or the WiFiServer class?

Hello thanks for the reply,
WiFiClient class.

I'm confused as to why you need to assign an IP address to the client. The client needs to know the IP address of the server to connect to.

Is the problem that the server doesn't have a fixed IP address?

It`s simply because I use the shield in a company network and they want me to use a specified IP adress, the other way is to pair the mac of the arduino with an IP adresse in their server... .

I see lots of uses for a fixed IP, one is if you don't run a DHCP server on your network.

@OP: You cannot specify a static IP for the Wireless Shield because all the DHCP stuff is handled by the embedded (on the shield) ATmega168. That source code (the shield's "firmware") is not yet publicly available (to my knowledge), so you're currently bound to the DHCP IP address with this hardware.

If anyone is still looking for the answer to this, I think it is worth mentioning WiFi - Arduino Reference.