Arduino on Xcode Project — Official Thread

timKnapen:

Maybe it's an idea to hack a quick Cocoa app or script that handles/starts the serial monitor automatically
for the user?

I have that app lying around here on my computer.. but I'm not sure I am convinced this should be part of the XCode project...
This is just my personal opinion, but I think this should be as general as possible and the least bloated possible. More stuffss == more places where things can break. People can always fork from the project to add extra special personal preferences to it..
I'm not sure I am right on this one... is serial communication essential in this project? Should it be from XCode? I feel not. What do you guys think?

I use the serial connection very often as a mean to debug my applications.

So I would greatly appreciate an easy way to have a serial console with a smart management of the USB port to avoid any conflict between the serial console and the upload of the code.

For normal and interactive use, I prefer CooTerm (free).

The error message I receive so far is

screen /dev/tty.usbmodem641 -b19200
Must be connected to a terminal.

It seems to be a rather basic error but I don't know OS X intricacies feel enough to fix it!

HaakonStorm:
I've also ordered the WiFly wifi shield from Sparkfun.com so my arduino can speak tcp/ip
with the world. Do you guys have any experience with this, or have any other wifi shield to reccommend?

I bought the XBee Explorer Regulated board from Sparkfun (WRL-09132) but it has a major flaw: the diode D1 prevents data going to DIN. I put a 10 k? resistor instead.

First app was to read time from a NTP server a set the internal clock of my chipKIT UNO32 board.

Everything is here! Enjoy :slight_smile: