Product Tester - first Arduino project for me

This is my first Arduino project.

http://picasaweb.google.com/102310358829159847625/DrainMastController#

My company makes a product with a heater, thermal switch and an RTD. The tester controls the supply voltage to the device under test with a pair of SS relays, monitors the current and reads the RTD.

There are 8 fault modes based on the current and indicated temperature. My loop() reads both the temperature and current and then compares to defined limits. If a fault is found, the relays are shut off and the appropriate error code is displayed.

If no fault is found the tester stops the test at a defined time limit and displays the max/min temperature recorded during the test and the number of thermal cycles observed.

I designed my RTD interface with ExpressPCB and had them make the PCB. The front and back panels were fabricated by Front Panel Designer.

I've had a little trouble with garbled LCD output. I've decoupled the power supply on the shield I made for the display and at the LCD itself but there's still an occasional glitch. It's directly correlated to the thermal switch going open so there's some noise I need to find and tame. Interestingly, the Arduino continues to run properly.

Other than that it's been a lot of fun building and writing the program.

cool design