ArduSpider Sara : a robot project for my daughter

Hi all,
I have finished a simple hexapod robot project for my daughter :slight_smile:
This is the video:

It´s a very simple setup (only three degree of freedom) but it could do a lot of funny movements...
Here is a full description in the blog : ArduSpider: Sara (My daughter´s robot) - Blogs - diydrones
The blog link include a build log also...

Jose.

Great robot and very professional looking!

That is so cool!
Great work man!

Nice one. Your cat seems to like it very much :wink:

That has to be one of the cutest hexapods ever! Great job!

:slight_smile:

ArduSpider

Bad news. I think the cat ate two legs when you weren't looking.

Super super super cool. You are great!

thats pretty awesome :slight_smile:

are you going to post any plans and code?

Thanks to all...
The source code and the build log are in the blog post
Source code : http://api.ning.com/files/1Ai3bqZF5I3EKl0ytZAvy14LL2ushDRPtvBYy9LrDuNRGqSqVY5rfkJ8613uFqOSw6DbS9I7aVONqCQD2Izk1Q__/ArduSpider.zip
Build log : ArduSpider - Documentos de Google
And is the cat of a friend :wink:

Jose.

Incredible little bug! Awesome video. Is there any stalk mode, where it slowly walks up to an obstacle and then jump it? Have a PIR sensor to tell if it's the cat/kids or the wall?

i love the different modes. you just owned a tun of super expansive 18 servo hexapods. this thing looks so fun and almost feels smart. i really like it.

Wow great job on that! Also the video! (poor cat lol). Ingenious design too. I haven't played much with servos (yet, and on that regard this was really inspirational). Thanks for posting this!

@liudr, there´s no "stalk" mode but could be easy to program... Now, the robot (in autonomous mode) becomes "tired" start to move slowly until it takes seat. Robot start to become bored and you need to put your hand over to make it happy. Then it jumps and continue walking and avoiding obstacles... Simple behaviour but enought to entertain the childrens :smiley:

Jose.

That's insanely cute!

ArduSpider

Bad news. I think the cat ate two legs when you weren't looking.

;D I also noticed that

Awesome little bot! Gives me lots of ideas. Thanks so much for sharing.

Incredible!!, this project has been inserted in engadget.com : DIY ArduSpider robot battles household pets, beats other homemade gifts | Engadget

Jose.