Help with PWM led setup 7X2

I posed on here a while back about making a integrated turn signal/brake light and im finally able to start working on it again. I changed a few things to hopefully make it brighter and easier.

I will be using these led's since they have a better beam angle and are much brighter that my previous ones.
http://lighthouseleds.com/5mm-piranha-led-red-ultra-bright-10-000-mcd.html

Can my arduino Uno r3 handle this or will i need shift registers and led drivers? Would esentially make a 7x2 matrix? What wiring would be best for this and help with fluid animations?

It will be basic operation for the most part.
Motorcycle on (no brakes) = X% brightness
Brake applied = 100% brightness
L/R signals = 100% brightness fading from bottom to top similar to this video exLED LED Module for Victory Vision (Front Turn-Signal & Brake LED Module with Micon Control) - YouTube

How would i use the arduino to read the left/r signals activated and then trigger the animation?

I tried looking for a while to find a similar code that i can use but didnt find much. I would appreciate any help

V board sch.png

V board.png

metalman3797:
Can my arduino Uno r3 handle this or will i need shift registers and led drivers? Would esentially make a 7x2 matrix? What wiring would be best for this and help with fluid animations?

Using a LED driver is always a good idea. Messing about with resistors, etc. will always lead to sub-optimal brightness control.

metalman3797:
Would esentially make a 7x2 matrix? What wiring would be best for this and help with fluid animations?It will be basic operation

for the most part.
Motorcycle on (no brakes) = X% brightness
Brake applied = 100% brightness
L/R signals = 100% brightness fading from bottom to top similar to this video exLED LED Module for Victory Vision (Front Turn-Signal & Brake LED Module with Micon Control) - YouTube

14 LEDs with variable brightness says "TLC5940" to me.

metalman3797:
How would i use the arduino to read the left/r signals activated and then trigger the animation?

I dunno, I can't see your bike from here...

Are the original lights LEDs or light bulbs? Where do the wires from the switches go? Is there a control box full of electronics anywhere?

For maximum brightness, use an LED driver such as the TLC5940. If you can accept slightly lower brightness, connect the LEDs in a 7x2 matrix, with 7 series resistors and 2 transistors.

If you can live with 6 channels, an Uno has 6 PWM channels and I'll bet you can come up with a clever way to mux the left and right sides (the ""2" part of the 6x2 matrix). You could possibly use a 7th digital channel and that one could either be 0-100% or you can write some code to PWM that digital channel. I believe the Uno can handle this on its own, with a few resistors and transistors.

Hi,

Which method did you run with in the end, and did you try them at 1/10th duty cycle at 1kHz PWM with 75mA current ? How do they look?

Geoff