Arduino ethernet webclient php script and mysql

I'm still not sure about this bit of code: xxx Does it not say:- If the client is not connected stop? But how does it ever manipulate the next lines of code

That part of the code only stops the connection activity with the server if the server has closed its connection with the arduino. Web servers generally do not maintain persistant connections with clients. When a web server returns the requested info, it closes its connection with the client, and then opens a connection with the next client requesting info. readString was made one character at a time during the connection with the server. When the connection with the server is closed, then it is time for the arduino to parse readString for the desired data. As to the for(;;); I asked as to its function in the code (below), but there was really no answer. I'd really like to replace it with something more obvious as to its function.

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1290705221

What zoomkat was doing was stopping the Arduino from doing anything (with that infinite loop) if there was no client connected. Not sure exactly why. But, you want to remove that infinite loop, and add an else clause (that gets executed if there IS a client connected.

The reasion I used the code is simply that "it works" for a single client connection with a server. Once the connection with the server is closed, there is no more incomming data. No more connections will exist until the process is once again started by making another request to a server. If this was server code, the checking for a client connection would be looping because a client could make a request at any time. It would be interesting to operate client and server functions at the same time, allowing a large network of arduinos to "chat" with one another as desired.