Is my uno fried? *sadface*

Hello, I'm seeking some help because my arduino uno r3 does not reset anymore when I press the reset button and cannot be programmed either ^^". (it worked fine until this evening)

I have tried uploading sketches on both linux and win7, while on linux it gives up right away on windows I see one of the RX/TX LED come up but in the end it still errors ("avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00") and since the reset button does not work my TTL programmer is rendered useless too ^^". (it is the kind where you have to manually reset)

I then searched for help in the troubleshooting section and:

Bootloader
Make sure there's a bootloader burned on your Arduino board. To check, reset the board. The built-in L LED (which is connected to pin 13) should blink. If it doesn't, there may not be a bootloader on your board.

Did my bootloader get corrupted for some reason? I love the lil' bugger :confused:

Made a video to show exactly what it looks like

Thanks in advance =)

PS: sorry for my bad english, I'm nowhere near fluent.
EDIT: to speed up things here are the only reprogramming tools I have at my disposal: USB to TTL ISP and "arduino pro mini" (non-usb in black with blue LED) - if i'm screwed I'd rather know right away x)

What was the last sketch you installed doing?
Does anything feel hot on the board?

The last sketch was a state machine that used EEPROM to remember the last setting with several buttons two LEDs and a 433mhz transceiver. Worked fine before I decided to use my UNO again today :S.

Nope nothing hot I just checked, and during the setup the buttons had 10Kohm resistors, LEDs had 220ohms ones just like I have been taught in the book o_o... Even though I'm still a bit clueless (lies: completely clueless as how to choose my resists) but it worked perfectly fine.

When browsing on the web everything seem to point in the direction of a bootloader that just disappeared for some reason.

I tried using a nano pro as an AVR, but being fed by TTL it fails, oh well I'll have tried :confused:

Well, that UNO has got some pretty serious sentimental value (stupid I know) so I just ordered an AVR programmer on ebay in my country (+13€ when compared to china yay) and I'll give it a shot next week :confused:

Well, received my USBasp in the mail, it fails to get an answer from the UNO when I attempt to burn the bootloader. Therefore I believe it actually IS fried... And since here in France it costs more to buy a brand new AT chip and reprogram it than to buy a brand new UNO (nonsense I know..) I just ordered an UNO... Which sucks x).

I'd like a confirmation though, if the "corrupt" UNO does not answer when attempting to burn the bootloader, does it mean at 100% that the arduino is Fried? And what can fry an AT chip? Do I have to become paranoid and put correction diodes EVERYWHERE?