Stepper Motor Based Linear Actuator

Hello,

I want to use Arduino to control a stepper motor based linear actuator ,I want to use this stepper to drive a simple syringe filled with fluid in a range of 1 to 10ml ,please can you suggest me an online shop where I can find a suitable stepper motor for my application ? Please help I need it ASAP ,I would be so grateful

You will need to know a good deal more than you have posted in order to select a suitable motor.

There are several (maybe dozens) of on line suppliers. Where are you located?

...R

Whatever solution you choose it will need to include micro-stepping. That is a feature that is not included in many stepper drivers.

I live in Yemen(middle east)

could you please see this link :

http://www.haydonkerk.com/LinearMotionProducts/StepperMotorLinearActuators/tabid/66/Default.aspx

These motors can be used for micro-stepping ,but please I have some questions:

what is the difference between captive ,non-captive ,and external stepper ?

how I can know the diameter of the screw ?

in my application ,do I plug the actuator to the syringe directly !?

Guys please is there a way to buy Haydon products over the net

What is the minimum volume of fluid that you intend to dispense?
How accurate must this volume be?

Have you heard of email ?

Hi, sounds like you are trying to imitate an insulin infuser that a lot of diabetics wear these days to provide small almost continuous supply of insulin to keep their blood sugars stable.
Have you tried looking in the medical or laboratory field, I know they will be expensive, but the theory and practice may help your implementation.

Tom... :slight_smile:

jremington:
What is the minimum volume of fluid that you intend to dispense?
How accurate must this volume be?

0.1 - 1 ml / hour
my application requires a very high accuracy :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
Hi, sounds like you are trying to imitate an insulin infuser that a lot of diabetics wear these days to provide small almost continuous supply of insulin to keep their blood sugars stable.
Have you tried looking in the medical or laboratory field, I know they will be expensive, but the theory and practice may help your implementation.

Tom... :slight_smile:

Yes that is true , my project is to control the infusion of medical solution using microcontroller :slight_smile:
I only need the linear stepper motor actuator ,I have found a number of these medical infusers ,but I want to make my own assembly.

raschemmel:

Have you heard of email ?

I sent many emails to 3 companies, but I have not received a response ,so this is why I asked the question, If there is an online store where I can find linear stepper motor actuators ,that would be great :slight_smile:

This linear actuator may be suitable for driving a syringe pump, but it is still quite coarse compared to many others available. To get higher resolution you need a lead screw with a finer pitch. Pololu - Stepper Motor with 28cm Lead Screw: Bipolar, 200 Steps/Rev, 42×38mm, 2.8V, 1.7 A/Phase

Thanks guys,

I have one more question please, How could I determine the force required to exert on the syringe ?

Usually that is not an issue. Most motors, geared down by a lead screw, are very powerful compared to the resistance offered by a syringe driving a tiny fluid flow.