Ethernet shield with libraries EtherCard or Ethernet

Have got an Ethernet shield in form of a kit to mount from Velleman.. so I guess it is a compatible one...
It works though when trying examples but only when using library EtherCard ...and , as soon as I use
library Ethernet , my router is not recognising the shield at all ...what is the problem ?

Have got an Ethernet shield in form of a kit to mount from Velleman

A link would be useful.

It works though when trying examples but only when using library EtherCard

That suggests that it is the ENCJxxxx version.

as soon as I use library Ethernet , my router is not recognising the shield at all ...what is the problem ?

The Ethernet library is only compatible with the W5100 and W5200 ethernet chips.

If Ethercard works with your shield it uses an ENC28J60 chip. If you want to use the Ethernet-API you might want to try my library: GitHub - ntruchsess/arduino_uip: UIPEthernet: A plugin-replacement of the stock Arduino Ethernet library for ENC28J60 shields and breakout boards. Full support for persistent (streaming) TCP-connections and UDP (Client and Server each), ARP, ICMP, DHCP and DNS. Build around Adam Dunkels uIP Stack. Further developed version can be found on https://github.com/UIPEthernet/UIPEthernet
It provides the Server, Client and UDP-interfaces as the Ethernet-library comming with the IDE does for W5x00-shields, but for ENC28J60. It runs the Ethernet-examples you find in the IDE by replacing the include 'Ethernet.h' by 'UIPEthernet.h'

Or you get a W5x00-based shield (as the original Arduino-shields are). This option has the advantage of not using as much flash as the ENC28J60-based version does.

• Norbert

OK guys , a million thanks ...!!! The UIP library made a miracle :slight_smile:

Hiho,
i got the same problem! but i could not fix it by changing the Ethernet.h to UIPEthernet.h?

any help?

TeslawasaGod:
i got the same problem!

Please describe exactly the problem you're having. Post a link to where you bought your Ethernet Shield.

Post a link to where you bought your Ethernet Shield.

No! Post a link to the manufacturer's site. We don't give a rats ass where you bought the shield.