Arduino32---compatible Atmel microcontrollers---

Hello Arduino World!!
I practice micromouse competition. I'm at the Pacabot Team. We won the french 2012 micromouse cup.
This year we would like to build a new robot with faulhaber motors, gyro... and maybe a new microcontroller/environment. Until now we use STM32 cotex M3 but Arduino Due concept is more fun. Only the SAM3X8E is too hard to solder.

My question:
Can I use an another Atmel microcontroller like SAM3N4 with QFP48 or 64 for devellop with Arduino?

Thanks!

Can I use an another Atmel microcontroller like SAM3N4 with QFP48 or 64 for devellop with Arduino?

Google cookie arduino.

It uses a NuMicro CM3 chip and is aruidno pin-compatible. All for less than $30.

Having said that, a better choice in my view might be ST F4 discovery, TI LM4F launchpad or KL25 from Freescale. They are not pin-compatible to Arduino but you can easily make an adaptor of your own to do that. They cost $10 - 20 each and come with onboard software / hardware emulator / programmer.

Cookie has a library of its own + free ide.

Thanks dhenry!
I didn't express myself well, Infact I wanted to know about Arduino IDE software compatibility.

I am also interresting about Launchpad.

Thanks!

My objective is to build my own PCB and integrate a microcontroller compatible IDE Arduino with less pins to simplify soldering.

Infact I wanted to know about Arduino IDE software compatibility.

It is certainly possible and doable to port the basic approach to other chips so that the code is (easily) compatible.

The basic framework would be something like this:

#include <arduino.h> //all your arduino specific definitions are here

void setup(void) {
}

void loop(void) {
}

int main(void) {
  setup();
  while (1) {
    loop();
    //insert your arduino stuff here
  }
}
[/quote]

So you just write your own setup() / loop() and you are done.

Something like this can be done on pretty much any compiler / ide.

The pin stuff is fairly easy to port so that would be a good starting point.

Thanks, it's very interesting! I would only change the arduino.h to have compatibility. can I find on the web the specific arduino.h for oher microcontroler than SAM3X8E?

can I find on the web the specific arduino.h for oher microcontroler than SAM3X8E?

You would have to write our own. That piece was to show you how it could be done on a different platform, without the arduino ide.