Reading Digital Caliper From Arduino

Just finished a small hack -- reading digital caliper from Arduino. Though this caliper is a cheap one and is unique from others, the idea is there to hack other type of caliper.

I have more details and Arduino code at the end of my blog.

Cheers

Nice job!
Can you post a link to the caliper in question? I didn't see one in the blog.

I bought it in China and I am in Shenzhen, China, too. But if you are serious about hacking and using it, do not buy this one, it is not usable, thought cheap (3 USD)

Thanks for that info. "Not usable" == "worth 0 USD"

but you can use the same technique and code base with other good calipers and that is the point.

Then can you provide a link in your blog to "other good calipers" that use that protocol?

why do I have to do that? every single one works differently, you need to hack it a bit, I am presenting you a general idea and method to decode those signals.

You don't "have to do" anything, which includes posting information about worthless, unidentified gadgets.

I have one with what looks like the same case style but it runs to decimal 3 places.
had it checked against a reference and they were surprised how close it was +- .003 (.006 variance)

Paid a little more than you did here in Canada but this will make a good base topic to work from.

Thanks for putting it out there.

Thanks, glad you find it useful :slight_smile: