Is there a mature and accurate way to log remote temperature to computer?

I am thinking a on-site arduino and temp sensor and connect to ethernet since I can have a cable from my hub to the place.

Thanks

You could use labview or profilab expert to import data;process and store them in excel format for instance. Then process them further in excel if needed.

Thanks, software side doesn't bother me much. I just need more info on the hardware side.

Do I just need a Arduino mother border, a ethernet shield and a DHT11? do I need do some wielding? or just wire connects?

And I heard DHT11 is not stable for temperature connection, any idea in that?

i like to use a LM35 solderd to an ATtiny13, which talks via a single cable...
the LM35 needs an analog pin and is quite accurate...

that should work with an arduino and UART/Ethernet, too...

ATtiny13 is cheap, it is good if it works, could you give me more info about LM35+ATtiny13 and talks to PC?
Thanks

Also, what about LHT11 compare to LM35, I would rather do less soldering, if LHT 11 is not accurate enough, will LM35 be?

wyx2000:
if LHT 11 is not accurate enough, will LM35 be?

You haven't stated what level of accuracy (or more likely precision) that you require, but you can find those specs if you do a little googling. Also, if the sensor (just one sensor?) will not be within a few feet of the Arduino please state so.

The sensor will be with Arduino, and thinking connect Arduino to main PC by ethernet. The idea is I can have a Arduino on-site to monitor everything and feed back to main server by wire.

do u mean this:
http://www.micropik.com/PDF/dht11.pdf ?

u need to measure humidity, 2?

this one is more accurate (regarding temperature), but unable to measure humidity:

RIDDICK:
do u mean this:
http://www.micropik.com/PDF/dht11.pdf ?

u need to measure humidity, 2?

this one is more accurate (regarding temperature), but unable to measure humidity:
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm35.pdf

Right, I know there are DHT11 and LM35, and kind know LM35 is more accurate, but as I asked above, they are not same, DHT11 is a board, while LM35 is just a part, not sure what are the right words for them, I mean it seems LM35 is very basic and need more welding work, not something just plug or wired like DHT11.

u can plug the LM35 into the arduino sockets, too...
without any soldering...
just wrap a wire tightly around its legs and then secure it with duct tape...

the DHT would need some wires, 2...

RIDDICK:
u can plug the LM35 into the arduino sockets, too...
without any soldering...
just wrap a wire tightly around its legs and then secure it with duct tape...

the DHT would need some wires, 2...

Thanks, that is what I want to know.

MacGyver rulz... 8)

DHT is not really "a board", but doesn't "need wires" either. It's probably best described as a thru-hole component :wink:

So you can either plug it in Arduino pins or in a remote PCB or solder wires on its pins.

The DHT22 (4-5USD in China) has a better (0.1 degree) resolution. But more important, it has a digital interface, hence is not sensible to analog noise on a wire ! Also sold as PCB modules with pull up and decoupling cap for a few bucks more.