Piezo buzzers and piezo elements

This is... kind of a dumb question, but i'll ask anyway.

Does the piezo buzzer make the same things as a piezo element?

You know the difference between them two, right smart people out there?
Do they act the same as eachother?

Not a dumb question.
Lots of websites give confusing/wrong information.

Piezo: passive piezoelectrical device that can be used as vibration sensor (microphone) or to make sound (speaker).

Buzzer: A 'thing' that makes a 'buzzing' sound (can be anything electrical or mechanical).

Some 'buzzers' are passive (you have to provide a tone), some are active (tone generator buildin).

One way to test if a buzzer is active or passive is to connect a DC voltage (5volt) to it.
If it makes a tone, it's active, and you can't use it as as a speaker (for custom tones/sound).

So "piezo buzzer" tells me that it's made of a piezo element and can make sound.
But it doesn't tell me if it's active or passive.
Leo..

When in doubt, check the manufacturer's datasheet. (Reliable suppliers will give you a manufacturer's part number or a link to the datasheet.)

A (active) buzzer will have a DC voltage rating and fixed-frequency.

A transducer will have a frequency range and an AC voltage rating (or AC voltage sensitivity such as 90dB @ 1V RMS @ 2kHz.) Most transducers are used as speakers but there are acoustic-guitar microphones and drum "triggers" made from piezo elements. Some cheap "ceramic" phono pickups are piezo's.

An "element" wouldn't have any electronics and probably no case/housing.

Thank you for the answers, that helped me a lot.
Just one more thing : I know piezo elements can create electricity (by means of tapping them), so theoretically buzzers can also do that?

Joprp05:
I know piezo elements can create electricity (by means of tapping them), so theoretically buzzers can also do that?

If you tap a piezo element, or a loudspeaker type buzzer, then yes.
If you tap a mechanical 'claxon' type buzzer (common) then no.
Leo..

So, my buzzer is the wt-1205; and I connected it to the 5v in arduino and it didn’t do anything.... soooo, is it a passive one?

Google "WT-1205 datasheet".
The WT-1205 seems to be an electromagnetic (not piezo) passive buzzer, with a resonance frequency of 2.4kHz.
~47ohm (100mA peak), so needs to be driven with an external transistor.
Use e.g. the tone() command to generate the ~2400Hz.
Leo..

It works fine without a transistor though... Just plugged the wires in, used tone() and it worked.
Is it really needed and why of that?

Also, because it is a electromagnetic buzzer, it won’t be able to create electricity when it tap it, right?

Joprp05:
Is it really needed and why of that?

Also, because it is a electromagnetic buzzer, it won’t be able to create electricity when it tap it, right?

Yes, needed. That buzzer draws ~100mA peak, and a pin is rated for 40mA absolute max.
Use e.g. a 2N2222. Emitter to ground, base with a ~470ohm resistor to pin, collector to buzzer negative.
Buzzer positive to 5volt, diode (1N4148) across buzzer to protect the transistor.

Not possible to use this buzzer as microphone.
Leo..

Ohhhhh I get it. So it's basically because it draws too much and the transitor amplifies the current, Thank you a lot