Missing digital signature for driver on Windows 8

boardworks:
Thanks for sharing! I'm trying to access this menu using Windows 8 Release Preview on my Samsung 7 Slate. When I arrive at the screen to select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement", nothing happens. My USB keyboard isn't registering, is there something I'm missing re: how to access this menu item? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey, The same thing is happening to me also with the 7 Slate. I guess it's a hardware issue of some sort. I even tried using different keyboards and got nowhere. Unless there is a way to do it through the command prompt, then we're in trouble.

My Arduino UNO R2 works great in Windows 8 Pro.

Thanks a lot, for all !

My steps:

0)Install IDE and change driver port as shows: http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/UnoDriversWindowsXP
1)Restart Win8 then run pressing F8 for "Disable Driver Signature " like here Missing digital signature for driver on Windows 8 - #14 by LouisDavis - IDE 1.x - Arduino Forum
2)Log out from any user account (even if administrator privvileges etc.) and log as main Administrator account (create new or Turn on from Win 8 Control Panel if Admin disabled)
2)Install this: Arduino Forum
3)Connect to other USB port.
4)Run as admin then rejoyce :smiley:

I,m using simple USB white cable from printer.
Official Arduino 1.0.2 IDE start now properly.

My first day with Arduino 8)

aaaabastek:
2)Log out from any user account (even if administrator privvileges etc.) and log as main Administrator account (create new or Turn on from Win 8 Control Panel if Admin disabled)

Why did you have to enable the Administrator account?

Thanks!!!!!!!! for the information!!!

Thanks a lot!! It worked! XD

It doesn't wok for me :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

I did all "Louis Davis" steps from 2 page.

My Arduino Micro and Arduino UNO detects as "Unknown device" in device manager
I click update driver then I select my driver location "D:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers\FTDI USB Drivers" or "D:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers"
after that I have this message:

I using Windows 8 purchased from Microsfot.
please help.

Thanks for pointing out this easy solution :slight_smile:

qubit:
It doesn't wok for me :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

I did all "Louis Davis" steps from 2 page.

My Arduino Micro and Arduino UNO detects as "Unknown device" in device manager
I click update driver then I select my driver location "D:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers\FTDI USB Drivers" or "D:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers"
after that I have this message:

I using Windows 8 purchased from Microsfot.
please help.

I have been the exact seem thing you have been through ,but after I did what Louis wrote again ( idk if this is necessary :drooling_face:) I made the following steps :

1] right-Click on "My Computer"
2]selected "Manage"
3]after that clicked on "Device Manager"
4]then Right Clicked on Your Arduino( From "unknown Devices" as I remember :slight_smile:
(probably you already know about all these previous steps , But ... ;))

5]after ,don't click on "update Driver Software" or whatever it was, but instead CLICK ON "Uninstall" .. it should disappear after that
6]Plug out then re plug in your Arduino
7]then do the "update driver software" thingy
8]after that choose in the installing that 2sterednd option in that creepy red screen " install anyway" (I think you know this one too)

I really hope that this will work for as I have even registered in this forum just to post this help :grin: XD for you and
this random solution has worked for me today :wink: :wink:

I was motivated to join the Forum just to post this:

Actually everyone, there is a much easier way past all of this. Just bypass the Digital Signature check built into Windows 8

Place the mouse in the lower right corner and chose SETTINGS
Select "Change PC Settings".... then GENERAL ...... Go to the the bottom under ADVANCED STARTUP, click RESTART NOW
Then select TROUBLESHOOT -------> ADVANCED OPTIONS --------> STARTUP SETTINGS and select RESTART
When the computer reboots, Press the key 7 for "Disable driver signature enforcement"

Now you can install any unsigned digital signature. Remember this process for any future installations also.

mark75071:
I was motivated to join the Forum just to post this:

Actually everyone, there is a much easier way past all of this. Just bypass the Digital Signature check built into Windows 8

Place the mouse in the lower right corner and chose SETTINGS
Select "Change PC Settings".... then GENERAL ...... Go to the the bottom under ADVANCED STARTUP, click RESTART NOW
Then select TROUBLESHOOT -------> ADVANCED OPTIONS --------> STARTUP SETTINGS and select RESTART
When the computer reboots, Press the key 7 for "Disable driver signature enforcement"

Now you can install any unsigned digital signature. Remember this process for any future installations also.

but that what Louis has suggested from the very beginning of this post :cold_sweat: :sweat_smile: , and it wasnt enough for some of us , Thanks Anywayz Bro! =D

[oh! and one more thing , check the post right above yours , it includes ur ways pluz some other extra steps from me :smiley:

Googling this issue got me here:

A solution that doesn't require disabling digital signatures and it works for me, though ofc if your arduino has a melt-down from this I'm not liable...

Thanks two million !

I verified that it works on Leonardo and Win 8.

Windoze, why do I not love thee?

Turning off the digital signatures for Win8 worked like a charm. I'd gotten Arduino Uno for my son for Christmas and was anxious to get it working. Thank you sooooo much for posting this solution. My son will be very happy!

Hi, I got an Arduino Uno yesterday and was trying to install the driver on Windows 8 64-bit.
I got the same certificate message as everyone and after trying Louis' method, I was able to install the .inf through right-click>install. However the Arduino is still not recognized by the IDE. When going to Device Manager, the Arduino is listed as USB-Serial Controller under Other Devices (I know that's the Arduino because when I disconnect it, this device disappears).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: When trying to "Update Driver Sodtware" from Device Manager and pointing to the drivers folder, I simply get :Windows could not find driver software for your device"

This vide explai how to disable signature check for drives in windows 8

Has there been any progress on a digitally signed version from Arduino? I am running Windows 8 and can't install the driver! I don't fancy messing about with my security settings to solve this......

Related to this, I want to use my Mega 2560 as a slave device with a PC (in a Robot) with Windows 7 64 bit. The problem is that every time I reboot the PC, the Arduino is not recognized, unless I manually unplug and re-plug it in.

Anyone have any suggestion how to fix this? Obviously pressing F8 at each reboot is not an option.
I want the Arduino to turn the PC off while it is "sleeping", and turn it on again to wake up... but it does not see the Arduino!

Can we just get the driver signed, please?

Thanks!

Thanx dude ... it worked for my arduino :slight_smile:

Made the upgrade to Window 8 Pro this weekend. All things considered I have noticed a good speed increase over Windows 7. No major issues except when I plugged my quad into the USB port Mission Planner couldn't find it. So....
After a bit of digging I found this post: Missing digital signature for driver on Windows 8 - #8 by LouisDavis - IDE 1.x - Arduino Forum
in which I found a solution that I thought would be helpful to post here for others.
I'm running Mission Planner 1.2.14
Download the 3 files below
Double-click on the .cert file
Click "Install Certificate"
Select "Local Machine"
Next
Select "Place all certificates in the following store" radio button
Click "Browse"
Select "Trusted Root Certificate Authorities"
Click OK
Finish etc...
Repeat the process, starting at step 2, replace step 8 with "Trusted Publishers"
Once you've added the .cert to both folders, right click on the arduino.inf file and choose "Install"
Open Mission Planner
Connect.
This worked for me first try. Thanks to Louis @ Arduino for the great instructions, just thought I could save some folks a bit of time by relaying my direct experience with Mission Planner.
Cheers!

http://diydrones.com/forum/attachment/download?id=705844%3AUploadedFile%3A1016162

http://diydrones.com/forum/attachment/download?id=705844%3AUploadedFile%3A1016163

http://diydrones.com/forum/attachment/download?id=705844%3AUploadedFile%3A1016164