Is there any cheap component shop?

I mean...really???? Those price for me are insane.
Is there any cheap//honest store? Chinese mainly.

0,50€ 0,05 should be fine.

0,60€ 0,06 should be fine.

If you look around on the internet, many stores will give you free samples, where you only pay (admittedly exorbitant) shipping to get small quantities of certain components. I know Maxim does, but they don't sell the headers you're looking for, so just look around.

Another tip: if you have any reason to get a whole lot of them, do so; many stores give bulk discounts. Sometimes at ten, though there are some more common parts that don't get a discount until a thousand or so.

Piton:
I mean...really???? Those price for me are insane.
Is there any cheap//honest store? Chinese mainly.

Well, the unit price reflects how many you are buying. They are cheap because they can be made, shipped and sold cheaply by the millions. A hobbyist at the end of this supply chain that wants 1-2 of them does not scale well economically.

Some shops give you a discount if you buy more. Check your local Maker or Hackerspace and see if you can share a bulk order.

I have found mauser.com

that has really good price, but they have TOO MANY items, i really cant find easly the component i need!

You can buy these directly from China/Hong Kong/Thailand on eBay.
Unfortunately it takes a week or two to get the parts to EU but you really can't beat the prices.
It's not the place to go if you're looking for parts for production where it's crucial to match a certain specification but for hobby projects it's perfectly fine.

Where are you Piton?
US/Canada - try:
dipmicro.com, lot easier to find things, smaller amount of choices, but inexpensive shipping for hobby type stuff
pololu.com for headers
phoenixent.com for headers, connectors too.

Try futurlec.com, they are good with all of the electronics they stock. They are in China, and have pretty good prices. As was mentioned...SLOOOOW delivery. They got a lot of bad reviews, mostly because the were slow and didn't respond to customers right away. I have gotten a lot us stuff from them and never had a problem.

The wise thing to do is not to just buy one thing from any of these vendors, otherwise shipping will kill you. Order a whole shitload of spare parts and wish list items... you never know when you might need 1000 10K resistors or 50 or so LM358 amps. :smiley:

I'm in Belgium and the big wholesalers like RS and Farnell only sell to companies over here. So I buy most of my stuff from Chinese Ebay sellers and Tayda electronics in Thailand. Cheap but you need to have some patience.

I am from italy we have Rs-components but they are hell expensive..

xolroc:
If you look around on the internet, many stores will give you free samples, where you only pay (admittedly exorbitant) shipping to get small quantities of certain components. I know Maxim does, but they don't sell the headers you're looking for, so just look around.

Another tip: if you have any reason to get a whole lot of them, do so; many stores give bulk discounts. Sometimes at ten, though there are some more common parts that don't get a discount until a thousand or so.

Almost all the larger and some smaller semiconductor manufacturers allow for samples. I think it is a minority that charge shipping, most are free, but they do ask some weed-out questions to try to eliminate jokers and sometimes students (some welcome students, on the other hand).

ON Semiconductor and Freescale have charged me shipping (both old Motorola companies), no one else, and I have gotten samples from Microchip, Amtel, TI, National before they were TI, Linear, etc.

I don't think anyone does headers. Vishay has samples for their passive components, but it isn't as permissive as the semiconductor companies for some reason.

P.S. A lot of people are recommending taydaelectronics.com. I made an order with them for a bunch of passive stuff plus MAX7219s which they sell for an unbeatable $1.25. We will see, I ordered a few days ago. Futurlec takes two weeks, people say that Tayda gets it to USA in about a week. Here are your headers:

P.P.S. I like Futurlec too. They ARE slow, but they will get it to you. And they are unbeatable on many times of LCD displays. Bicolor 8x8 60mm displays for $3.90, $3.40 if you buy 25.

I use tayda and can recommend them. Always deliver and their stuff is first quality.

marco_c:
I use tayda and can recommend them. Always deliver and their stuff is first quality.

I like Tayda a lot for some things, but they are not high quality on everything. An example is their toggle switches. Very cheap, and not very good.

Tayda is Excellent. I have also had very good luck with these.
Link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220916805966?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_3836wt_1168

Bought them twice and they have always been reasonable for delivery. Also bought 20 sets of 6 & 8 pin stackable headers (40 6 &40 8pin)
For Arduino... great for DIY shields perhaps pricey @ $0.27 ea but priceless at 1 AM when that certain mood strikes...
Link is here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370610210747?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1925wt_1168

Doc

http://goo.gl/eoTct
30 cents US at 5 quantity, shipping $3.25 HongKongPostAirmail Registered

Lots of other cool connection / cable stuff too.

And here's a lot of how-to using these and other connectors: http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/Cables

What other most-popular connectors / strips do you guys think I should carry?

DISCLAIMER: Mentioned stuff from my own shop...

I found another site called nordevx.com I think there prices are normal though.

I have made several purchases from Terry King's shop YourDuino.com. Always great prices and fast shipping, but most importantly is the wonderful wiki that he has put together to support all of his products. I recommend that you take a look around there.

Tayda looks pretty comparable to quite few others. GoodLuckBuy is also pretty good, ut if you plow long enough through the listings in e-bay you once and a while hit a real bargain on an article offered by many vendors.

What drive me nuts is the "Free Shipping" bullshit. They just add it into the price... but at least you know right off what the total cost will be right away, without having to wait till you go to checkout.

Try taydaelectronics will help u a lot

Somebody should mention www.futurlec.com

Slow service, but very good prices.