Timer2 Interrups REFUSE to work! :(

Ok, here goes

Code is attached in arduino formatting (as INO file). Code also references a couple LIBs but they should be in arduino program by default. This is literally all the code i have on this, soo...

Also attached is the schematic and rough board layout in EAGLE.

Posted by: MarkT
Insert Quote
We need to see your circuit to understand this, some of your code suggests you are clocking timer2's prescaler at 32768Hz, is this true and if so how?

To be honest, I have no idea what you just said. I am just trying to get timer2 to inturrupt every 8s from a 32.768 crystal. Most of my code was copied from sparkfuns example, so it should work, but as I said, hardware and software level inturrupts are not exactly my strongpoint.

Posted by: PaulS
Not working saves even more power? Just trying to eliminate possible areas of conflict.

Yep :D, well at least at the moment...

I'd check... I also don't see where you connect that ISR to that pin. The attachInterrupt() function is usually called to make an association.
I think this deos it

//Setup external INT0 interrupt
  EICRA = (1<<ISC01); //Interrupt on falling edge
  EIMSK = (1<<INT0); //Enable INT0 interrupt

Which pins would that be? What code, of yours, is supposed to respond to those interrupts?
Pins TOSC1 & TOSC2 if I got the names right. Just XTAL1 and XTAL2 on the schematic. This code is what is supposed to be run when it interrupts.

SIGNAL(TIMER2_OVF_vect){
  seconds += 8; //We sleep for 8 seconds instead of 1 to save more power
  //seconds++; //Use this if we are waking up every second

if(seconds > 59){
    minutes++;
    seconds = seconds - 59;
  }

if(minutes > 59){
    hours++;
    minutes = minutes - 59;
  }

BinaTime2.ino (28.4 KB)