Capacitive Sensor No Output

Did you by any chance set the baud rate in the actual serial monitor screen? In the bottom right corner, the default is 9600.

http://postimage.org/image/6bygyc3zz/ <-- my output. only one logo after initialised, and nothing i do will add anything else to the output.

Anything I need to do other than the codes above? basically I connected the boards up as shown in the seller's page and uses their code to flash. Not sure whether i missed out anything.

Greatly appreciate the help given.

Your baud rate in the serial monitor says 300 baud, that is wrong! It should be 19200, not 300.

Anything I need to do other than the codes above? basically I connected the boards up as shown in the seller's page and uses their code to flash. Not sure whether i missed out anything.

Greatly appreciate the help given.

Follow HazardsMind's reply and set correct baud rate.

Hi guys, I tried different baud rate, it shows "START", but still doesnt get any output from the sensors.

Ok, great, you got START. Now do a serial print of just "key" and see what values you get for each number pressed.

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion. I tried the following, not sure if it's what u meant. None of the keys give an output to the serial window still.

It should be outputting atleast "key" try just Serial.println(key); right after key=CapaTouch.keyPad();

with Serial.println(key), I get endless "-1"....

with Serial.println("key"), I get endless "key"...

Ok then check your wiring. Your getting something now, but its not what you want, so check your wiring for errors.

Are you using Arduino UNO or Arduino MEGA or some other arduinos?

Pretty sure the wiring are fine. Maybe I will post a photo of it when I get back.

I am using UNO.

xaviergoh:
Maybe I will post a photo of it when I get back.

Not maybe, please post photos.

Yep, of course. I will post once I get back home after school.

My connections :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Are you putting strip-twisted wires in those pins? That red wire looks a little iffy to me, make sure all the wires have a solid connection.

Yep, twisted wires, cant find a place to purchase those pin wire. the connections are good, previously I had used a set of different wires. Didnt get any response either. If connection is fine, what are the possible causes?

One if not both boards may be defective. If you have a soldering iron handy, you can coat the wires and that should give you a better connection.

I juz tested the connections with multimeter. They are fine. Is there any way to proof/verify the boards are defective? I am not sure if I could get a replacement/refund for it :frowning:

No way I know of. I could be a software bug, or the boards. Try to get in touch with seller and see if they had any simular issues in the past, and if there are any solutions.