Go Down

Topic: Using UNO and 4 RFID I-12 reader (Read 186 times) previous topic - next topic

kiyoshirou

Hi,

I am trying to make the uno read from 4 RFID readers one at a time. Is it viable to do? If so how do you make the uno read from more than one serial port the (pin-0) (Rx). Is it possible to add more than one serial port besides the (pin-0)?

I'm fairly new to arduino, so any help would be great! Thanks

Power_Broker

Hi,

I am trying to make the uno read from 4 RFID readers one at a time. Is it viable to do? If so how do you make the uno read from more than one serial port the (pin-0) (Rx). Is it possible to add more than one serial port besides the (pin-0)?

I'm fairly new to arduino, so any help would be great! Thanks

Yes, check this library out.
"The desire that guides me in all I do is the desire to harness the forces of nature to the service of mankind."
   - Nikola Tesla

kiyoshirou

May 19, 2017, 02:00 am Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:05 am by kiyoshirou Reason: it was not quoted
Yes, check this library out.
I'm only able to make 2 serial ports with the softwareserial is there a way to make 4 serial ports?

Delta_G

Use a mega. It's got 3 hardware ports. Add one by SWS and you've got the 4.
If at first you don't succeed, up - home - sudo - enter.

guillenvar_2

I'm thinking something but let me know what you think, if you are not configuring any special register on each card readers, just connect all of them in the same port, in parallel, and only power on the card reader that you are going to read first, then under software control when the first card reader reads shut it down and power on the next until it reads something and so on, you use all on the same serial port, the problem with this methodology is you need to use the card readers in order... but you dont struggle with the number of available ports haha

Go Up