can't do it on my own just yet

Good Day everyone.
I got all the tools I need to do my project except the programming know how, I did write a few basic programs to test the different functions I want to perform and it all works great, ARDUINO RULES!.... But I don't know how to incorperate it all into one smooth running program so that I can prototype it. Basically the inputs are a copper probe in water ( I just used a 1M pull up resistor to detect when probe is no longer touching water) and a LM35.

Outputs are 2 leds, (or one red and green) 1 pmw transistor outpot and ine digital transistor output.

Here's what I want it to do. Monitor water level and temp, if water level is fine and temp is under 100c then green led on... All other outputs off

If water temp rises above 100c switch pwm transistor , step 51 for ever 2c above 100c and 110c...... (5 speed cooling fan).

If water temp exceeds 110c, light red led, count 10 second then turn on digital transistor output (cuts the system)

All the while I need a clock to count running hours (service light) once it has run for 100 hours make green led flash) there must be a way to reset this "service light".........

I would like to add an optional lcd display at a later stage, but that is not necessary at this stage......

Anybody interested in getting involved please let me know,

Thanks

Raymond Sinclair

Raymondsinc@gmail.com

I would like to add an lcd display at a later stage and add one or two more

raymonster:
If water temp exceeds 110c, light red led, count 10 second then turn on digital transistor output (cuts the system)

I take it this is a pressurized system?

Correct......I also forgot to mention what's supposed to happen when water level is low....... Red led on, Count 10 seconds then digital write to transistor output 2 as well (system shut down)

Once temp and water level return to correct green led on again and so on, I'm guessing that would happen automatically in the loop though..

Sounds fairly straightforward, what involvement are you looking for exactly?

Well i have 2 projects that i have been working on for sometime now, the one we are discussing now and another is a more application spacific project that we can discuss later if you are interested.

Im a qualified electrician and my electronics knowledge isnt bad, so i know what i want to do and i can find my way around all the electronics to do it, but im new to programming micro controllers and i dont want my projects to sit on the shelf until im a better programmer.

so i need someone to help me with the program. i can guarentee that either of these projects will take off and become lucrative, but a deal can be made incase they do 8)....... i would like to stay as involved as possible in the development of the sketch so that i can learn to arduino / C in the process as well. needless to say then that the person that decides to help me is going to need to be fairly patient :blush:

iv done good research and can offer accurate information regarding variables etc for both projects (everything necessary outside the arduino itself) and i have access to a 3d cnc machine to make the housings etc> i just really need help with the program.

excuse the terrible spelling etc.............. this is what happens when the wife keeps chasing you away from your oc to do stuff...... I keep telling her that if i say im going to do something, i will do it! she doesnt need to keep reminding me every six months

raymonster:
excuse the terrible spelling etc.............. this is what happens when the wife keeps chasing you away from your oc to do stuff...... I keep telling her that if i say im going to do something, i will do it! she doesnt need to keep reminding me every six months

Funny you should say that, we had a bit of a similar issue here this morning, I think things are pretty well smoothed over now :cold_sweat:

I'll send you an IM, maybe we can get together on this. Saw your email above, so I just used that.

I kind of turn it back on my wife. If what she wants me to do isn't an immediate request for that day but rather something needing done tomorrow or next week or next month, I just say "don't expect me to remember that, just tell me on the day it needs to be done". About 99% of the time she forgets also so I'm sort of free from personal guilt. I'm retired, almost everything can afford to wait, except the taxes. :wink:

Lefty

retrolefty:
I kind of turn it back on my wife. If what she wants me to do isn't an immediate request for that day but rather something needing done tomorrow or next week or next month, I just say "don't expect me to remember that, just tell me on the day it needs to be done". About 99% of the time she forgets also so I'm sort of free from personal guilt. I'm retired, almost everything can afford to wait, except the taxes. :wink:

Lefty

Wally would be proud!

LOL!!!! i need to remember that one