WIKIPEDIA FOR COMMON ARDUINO PROBLEMS

Bad dog, don't cross post!

Don't feel bad, I just bought a Leonardo today, after installing the innumerable drivers, tried to upload "Blink", but it failed at the last stage saying couldn't find the serial port.

I plugged my Lenny in, and Win7/64bit did what it was supposed to, and installed the drivers. I was able to upload a sketch first try, reading from Serial1, with XBee attached, and writing to Serial.

What OS are you using?

PaulS:
What OS are you using?

Win XP, sp 3. I just tried it again, and this time it found the correct com port. So it only seems to fail sometimes, depending on the ambient temperature and phase of the moon, or something.

But if I have continuing problems, I'll start another thread, rather than hijack this one. Thanks for your response, but my question in the context of this thread was rhetorical, intended as a clever ironic device. But I've found that doesn't work every time, either.

I've found that doesn't work every time, either.

It almost never works for me.

PaulS:

I've found that doesn't work every time, either.

It almost never works for me.

That's because your humour flies over most of our heads, much like many of your serious answers to questions. You really expect us to be able to tell the difference? ]:smiley:

Lefty

But if I have continuing problems, I'll start another thread, rather than hijack this one.

Too late, that horse is dead, the bird has flown, the Arduino Wikipedia idea has been throttled
repreatedly, and we're back to endlessly answering the some-old questions. At least I got
my Mega R3 board installed and running now.

Too late, that horse is dead, the bird has flown, the Arduino Wikipedia idea has been throttled
repreatedly, and we're back to endlessly answering the some-old questions. At least I got

I just added my fourth article in the playground.
http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Email

For those who did not understand my earlier post, let me put it in a way programmers will understand.

char Playground[] = "wiki";

SurferTim:

I just added my fourth article in the playground.
Arduino Playground - Email

For those who did not understand my earlier post, let me put it in a way programmers will understand.

char Playground[] = "wiki";

What about

class Playground : Wiki {
public:
  static const bool isOnArduinoSite = true;
// don't need to override anything else
};

Great!! :smiley:
Except I would add two more public variables:

public:
  static const bool isOnArduinoSite = true;
  static const bool isMyUserPasswordGood = true;
  static const bool isEverythingThereEditable = true;
// don't need to override anything else

It's better, in my opinion, to explicitly declare the type of inheritance (public or private) you want.

Software guys are weird. :wink:

Lefty

PaulS:

It's better, in my opinion, to explicitly declare the type of inheritance (public or private) you want.

Right, I knew I was forgetting something. Too much java...

Re the playground.

If you go to anywhere on that wiki, and see something that is incomplete and leave it that way, that is YOUR FAULT!

What about this

That cap on the clock signal is wrong, we all know it, we respond to questions about it every second day, and yet apparently there's no way to fix it. I admit I've not tried because everyone said you couldn't edit it, is that correct?

Ok I just tried

Insufficient privileges to perform action.

Rob

That shiftout error is in the Learning section,

and not the Playground.
http://playground.arduino.cc/
"The playground is a publicly-editable wiki about Arduino. "
while the Learning section makes no such claim.
I've also written & requested as a Moderator to have that cap removed, to no effect.

Hmm fair enough, but I got there from a link in the playground

http://playground.arduino.cc//Main/InterfacingWithHardware

Under "Multiplexing Inputs" [sic].

Now I see that the link took me away from the playground, do people appreciate the difference, I admit I didn't.

Rob

It is indeed subtle.

Hmm fair enough, but I got there from a link in the playground

Then, you should fix the link in the playground to point to some better example.

What about this

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ShiftOut

That cap on the clock signal is wrong, we all know it, we respond to questions about it every second day, and yet apparently there's no way to fix it. I admit I've not tried because everyone said you couldn't edit it, is that correct?

At one point, I suggested that the reference/tutorial section be set up to be user editable like the playground (wiki), but that was apparently not accepted by the Arduino crew. :frowning:

edit: I am a little surprised the forum moderators and administrators do not have edit ability in that section. Since that known error has not been changed, and many know of it, there is a word I use for that situation: LAZY.

BTW, that is aimed at the person who is responsible for the maintenance of that section of the website.

you should fix the link in the playground to point to some better example.

As could we all I guess.

That's the easy part, writing tutes takes ages when I think all that is needed is to modify a couple of drawings.

Rob