I'll be honest.

Be careful with the UV led, I went partially blind for a couple of hours after experimenting with them one morning...

Be careful with the UV led, I went partially blind for a couple of hours after experimenting with them one morning...

I'll 2nd That

I'd never look directly into them they're UV lol

As is typical... Smoke the mary jane and think it makes you a genius, and really it just makes the stupid more pronounced. Just like beer.

Tylenol, asprin, Those might actually help with the pain witout bringing out near as much stupidity.

Didn't you see what happened to Don Draper when he ignored his toofache? Go see the dentist.

I have noticed that my pot smoking group of friends have more PHDs among them than my beer drinking group of friends.

I have noticed that my pot smoking group of friends have more PHDs

I think you'll find it is spelled "THC"

ignorance is bliss...

kf2qd:
Smoke the mary jane and think it makes you a genius, and really it just makes the stupid more pronounced.

Well, it is called "dope" for a reason. You are what you smoke, after all.

You are what you smoke,

Then I am nothing :~

if they managed to develop a super conductor which also is a semi conductor at room temperature...

A super conductor that has resistance, surely an oxymoron - not the only moron then.

Well no, 30watt CPU dissipates how much heat?

So a 30watt cpu that is also a superconductor with no energy loss... a 30watt CPU becomes a 0watt cpu. right? no losses to heat at all.

Super Computers on your wrist.

AWOL:
Then I am nothing :~

You may now progress to the next level.

We all hope your toothache is better now....

" I'd never look directly into them they're UV lol "

I was avoiding looking directly into LEDs, but still got enough sc attered UV to temporarily blind me.

Incidentally, I was experimenting with lighting a flourescent red target on a moving banner.
It worked well but as the machines were in public places I ditched the UV lights, and switched
to normal blue LEDs, which also have more than enough UV to make the red target flouresce
brightly - so beware the blue ones too.

cjdelphi:
Well no, 30watt CPU dissipates how much heat?

So a 30watt cpu that is also a superconductor with no energy loss... a 30watt CPU becomes a 0watt cpu. right? no losses to heat at all.

Super Computers on your wrist.

Sorry I don't think you understand CPUs or super conductors if you think that.

Re: superconducting semiconductor.

It works a bit like a FET or valve.

Cray stopped research ages ago, but they principle has been applied in making standard voltage cells, SQID's and single electron transistors.

The frequency of the "gate" current vs the voltage across the junction is very linear.
Building an amplifier where the gain is controlled by gate frequency rather than voltage or current sounds really tricky.

Re: Toothache
Try clove oil or cinnamon stick, both are good topical anesthetics.

Re: rude/nasty comments about smoking weed
(insert comment the moderator won't like, something about erectile dysfunction, procreating with animals/one's self, general shortsightedness, believing everything the government says)

:slight_smile:

Strangely enough, I have a connection between superconduction, and substances that make you do dopey things :-

While working in a hut at the Radio and Space Research Station in the UK in 1970, I had to fill a dewar ( like a vacuum flask ) with liquid helium ( we had a superconducting coil around a crystal at - 269 deg C , to detect a laser beam )

The liquid helium was in a dewar inside another dewar of liquid nitrogen, and to get it into the detactor dewar, I had a bottle of normal helium, to push it up the pipe.

The phone in the hut rang , I had a bottle of helium - well, who could resist it ?

I answered the phone in a chipmunk voice, and it was the Director looking for my team leader ! who needs dope to feel stupid ?

Re: rude/nasty comments about smoking weed
(insert comment the moderator won't like, something about erectile dysfunction, procreating with animals/one's self, general shortsightedness, believing everything the government says)

:slight_smile:

Ah, reasoned debate, that is what we all need.
Which government are we talking about here?

Which government are we talking about here?

Could be any.
It's easy to tell when a politician is lieing, their lips move